"Sorry for the ineterruption" slate on KBS (9394)

piranesi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
New York
Is there a standard thing that this means, the blue slate with "We are aware that this channel is temporarily unavailable...." message?

Is it a technical problem or a..."business" issue? If we lose KBS my wife will crap blue. She loves her Korean dramas.

Hi, I am not showing that we have reported issues with this channel. Have you tried to reset the receiver by unplugging it from the power outlet for 10 seconds? Have you tried to run a check switch test? please use you remote and press Menu>6>1>1 Point DISH. Go to Check Switch on the top right and then Test on the next screen. If you get a message after the test that talks about fewer satellites, you will need to cancel out and let me know via a Pm with your account or phone number and your four digit security code. Thank you!

Reminds me of the message I see on the local channels that I used to see a while back (I believe on the DVR's).

I got the same message too. Been like that since around noon pacific time. Ran a check switch and all 4 satellites are green.

The message is not generated by the STB, it's on Dish's end as there's elevator music.
This is not necessarily true. You can have signal loss on local channels resulting in a re-direct to this message. It can in some cases be an individual issue with a customer. I've actually thought that the re-direct is a dumb idea. It leads a customer to believe that the problem is going to correct itself, when in fact they may need a tech visit.

Like jmccurrytech mentioned, I still see the same message and elevator music even after the nightly reboot. I can viewed 9798 (RPLY2) without issue which is on the sat (118) and TP (17). I don't think it is a STB issue either. Do you have issue on 9394 yourself?
Are you still having issues with this channel? Is it the same channel indicated above? Please let me know so I can assist you further. Thanks.

I checked our known issues log and channel 9394 is listed on the log, along with 9980. We are working on a resolution. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.

Like jmccurrytech mentioned, I still see the same message and elevator music even after the nightly reboot. I can viewed 9798 (RPLY2) without issue which is on the sat (118) and TP (17). I don't think it is a STB issue either. Do you have issue on 9394 yourself?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)