Sound cutting out?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

burlyrox

Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Hi,
on occasion, the sound for my new samsung hdtv/Dish dvr system cuts out. The sound returns after turning the tv off and then on. Any suggestions on troubleshooting this issue?
Thanks!

Hi,
on occasion, the sound for my new samsung hdtv/Dish dvr system cuts out. The sound returns after turning the tv off and then on. Any suggestions on troubleshooting this issue?
Thanks!
You could start by telling us how you have things hooked up, what cables, etc. Can't read your mind.

My crystal ball tells me.....

That you hooked up your new 722 DVR to your new Samsung HDTV via composite cables and you actually think your experiencing HD in all it's glory....right?

fair enough. HDMI from the new dish DVR (sorry don't have the model number at work) DVR goes directly to dish house wiring. No stereo or any other linear connects. I do have DVD hooked up on a seperate HDMI port and the kids play gamecube occasionaly. It seems to occur more during rainy weather, but that's about all I can tell you at the moment.

I have this same problem with my 42" LG LCD TV.

It usually only happens if I am doing a lot of skipping around in DVR events (30 sec skip froward and 10 sec skip back)

To get the audio back, I just turn the tv off, then on again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)