Sound issue on 722

smjbh5

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2007
SF Bay Area
So for 2 days in a row now, I've needed to reboot my receiver do to a sound issue. Ill turn on the tv and there wont be any sound. Change the channel, still no sound. Thought it might have been the tv, so i turn on the surround sound, still nothing. Reboot, sound comes back.

Anyone else have this issue. Ive had this receiver since april

I have a 722/L725 hooked up via HDMI to a Westinghouse HDTV for 5(?) years, and I may have experienced this problem last night. Turned on the TV as you did, followed by receiver. Picture came on normally, but I had no sound. I fiddled more with the remote because I thought the TV was muted. (It wasn't.) I toggled mute on/off a few times; nothing. Finally I tried running the volume up and down and finally the sound came back. Maybe it would have come back without my doing anything.

If it's the receiver, then add this new sound bug to the return of the old disappearing rentals problem. :rant:

Try pulling the hdmi plug from either the TV or Dish receiver, that will cause them to re-establish communication.

You may even be able to go into the Dish receiver menu and reset the HDMI.

I've had the same issue with a 622 over the last few days. The first time I rebooted it and it started working. The second time the sound wasn't off for too long and came back by itself.

Jim5506 said:
Try pulling the hdmi plug from either the TV or Dish receiver, that will cause them to re-establish communication.

You may even be able to go into the Dish receiver menu and reset the HDMI.

Not using hdmi, component is good enough

Not using hdmi, component is good enough

Well, now that pinged my brain... I have a 722 and for a long time, my TV2 output, which is composite with I think the same audio output as you are using, has a bizarre problem. The longer I watch TV2, the quieter the sound gets. I have to keep upping the volume on the TV to hear anything. Turning the receiver off and on again seems to fix it. I've never bothered with this issue since we almost never use the TV2 output. But what the hey?

I spoke to soon. Had the problem last evening. Lost the sound from my 722. HDMI from the 722 to an Onyko AVR to the tv. Tried the hdmi unplug from the back of the 722. Didn't work. Selecting other hdmi inputs to the avr worked. Had to unplug the 722 to get the siund back.

I've had the same problem. For past few days (if not weeks), audio drops when changing channels. It's been a daily basis for about 4 days. It has not occurred for me when turning on the TV.. it's been when changing channels.

Based on other posts, it's not only on HDMI output. I'm using the digital audio and it's doing it there too.

I've had a problem for a long time with my 622 connected to my Onkyo TX-SR606 by an optical cable. Once in a while, when I turn everything on, the only sound I get will be from the subwoofer. I can usually fix it by changing the channel up or down, but sometimes that doesn't work because the channel I change to is also using 5.1 (it only happens on 5.1 channels) so rather than wasting time scrolling up or down to a channel that isn't 5.1, I toggle the power on the Onkyo.

I can't imagine what the problem is, because both optical audio and component video are one-way connections, it's not like there's a HDMI handshake issue going on. I always assumed that the problem must be with the Onkyo, but, I can't imagine why it wouldn't just keep trying to recognize the signal til it got more than one channel, so I really don't know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)