Sound lag?

It's not just you. I have been getting it since last night- at least that's when I noticed it watching Conan. Same thing tonight. And it's OTA (I use a Zenith Silver Sensor with my 811 for OTA). The sound is not off by much, but just enough to be annoying. Must be a problem at NBC I would think.

sonnyboy11 said:
It's not just you. I have been getting it since last night- at least that's when I noticed it watching Conan. Same thing tonight. And it's OTA (I use a Zenith Silver Sensor with my 811 for OTA). The sound is not off by much, but just enough to be annoying. Must be a problem at NBC I would think.

Oh, so it's doing it to you on OTA? Since it's happening to me through the satellite, I concur with your theory.

I have lip sync issues on my 211 also. All HD channels are off just a little, and OTA channels are worse. Using the guide/menus makes the problem worse. Rebooting does not fix it. I had a 6000 for 6 years and never had this problem.

Hammer

I don't notice it on any channels except channel 4 and that's OTA. Not sure what's going on if you are seeing the problem on sat channels as well.

Sound Lag

I have the same issue with my 811 most of the hd channels have sound lag. Looks like an old Godzilla or Kunfu movie at times. I have the sound comming in from an optical cord. I heard thats the problem with sound not catching up to video in Hd. Anyone else ever heard of this.

Cincyray said:
I have the same issue with my 811 most of the hd channels have sound lag. Looks like an old Godzilla or Kunfu movie at times. I have the sound comming in from an optical cord. I heard thats the problem with sound not catching up to video in Hd. Anyone else ever heard of this.

The problem for me is recent though. No changes in my hook-ups (using optical all along with DVI-HDMI).

I just noticed it in my 211. I have optical going to the A/V receiver and HDMI to the TV, if I listen to the HD channels on both (A/V receiver and TV) there is a delay on the TV (HDMI) but the A/V's audio seems to be in synch with the video. Very weird, I was using components before and didn't notice it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts