Sound Bar DBRX1 WIRELESS ADAPTER for DSR3 Speaker

Airedale

Original poster
Jul 26, 2023
Magnolia, TX
Sprung for the Sound Bar (DBRX1) during my initial Dish installation. I've moved and wanted to add a pair of DSR3 speakers that I can move to my patio, which is very close to the sound bar. My sound bar does not have the wireless adapter plugged in. I found some old User Guide for the speakers which stated under "What's In the Box", "Wireless Adapter" and even showed where to plug it into the back of the soundbar. Now I'm being told by Dish that these speakers do NOT come with the wireless adapter, and I would have to add a Sub-woofer to get the adapter. So, I'm wondering if the plug-in wireless adapter is available stand alone?

Sprung for the Sound Bar (DBRX1) during my initial Dish installation. I've moved and wanted to add a pair of DSR3 speakers that I can move to my patio, which is very close to the sound bar. My sound bar does not have the wireless adapter plugged in. I found some old User Guide for the speakers which stated under "What's In the Box", "Wireless Adapter" and even showed where to plug it into the back of the soundbar. Now I'm being told by Dish that these speakers do NOT come with the wireless adapter, and I would have to add a Sub-woofer to get the adapter. So, I'm wondering if the plug-in wireless adapter is available stand alone?
This is true. The adapter comes in the Subwoofer packaging

Several weeks ago Polk CS told me that the wireless adapter ($42.) is "a household item". That's a direct quote. Asked if that means it's normally stocked, she said "Yes". She said they should be getting them soon, but could not give an ETA. Called back a couple of weeks ago and was told it may be there by mid-September. Found the wireless adapter on EBay, but the seller won't sell it separate from the used $150 DBRX1 sound bar he is selling, even when told Polk did not sell the adapter with the sound bar.

Somehow, I don't feel Polk gave reliable stock information, so if anyone knows where I can buy the wireless adapter, used or new, please advise. Thank you.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Several weeks ago Polk CS told me that the wireless adapter ($42.) is "a household item". That's a direct quote. Asked if that means it's normally stocked, she said "Yes". She said they should be getting them soon, but could not give an ETA. Called back a couple of weeks ago and was told it may be there by mid-September. Found the wireless adapter on EBay, but the seller won't sell it separate from the used $150 DBRX1 sound bar he is selling, even when told Polk did not sell the adapter with the sound bar.

Somehow, I don't feel Polk gave reliable stock information, so if anyone knows where I can buy the wireless adapter, used or new, please advise. Thank you.
I'll ask around my office and company and see if we have any lying around still anywhere, It's a long shot but I'll see if I can find one

Reactions: charlesrshell