Sound like an 811 issue?

Bama Mac

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 29, 2004
Hazel Green, AL
811 issue?

I am having problems with one of the local digital signals (APTV) when tuning the 811 to their OTA digital channels.

When scanning for digital channels the channels are added as 25-1 & 25-2. No problem getting them added. The problem occurs when I try to change the receiver to either of these channels. The signal locks at about 85-87%, but when it locks the guide banner starts flashing over and over until the rceiver locks up, also when it's flashing it remaps the channels to 24-1 & 24-2. After it locks for a few minutes the receiver goes through Aquiring a signal reboot.

I do not have this problem with the other 4 local digital OTA signals from what I have noticed. I noticed this problem started occuring sometime last week, maybe the week before.

Does this sound like a problem with the 811 or with APTV digital signal?

Thanks,

Barry

I have this same problem, but am pretty sure it is the way the PBS signal is being broadcasted. I am seeing this on the 281 software release and only on the PBS station. Two Fridays ago, all was well again for a day or so. Then the flashing started happening again.

Bama Mac, check your private messages.

Ride,

Your 9-1 is when they are in their 5 channel mode (read before 8PM). When KQED goes to HD mode at 8PM, they disable 9-3 thru 9-5 and go to 30-2 and 30-2.