Sound loss on 722

MartyB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
Elwood, IN
We have a 722 and about once a week, the sound goes out completely and we have to reset the receiver in order to get the sound back. Is this a known issue that may be caused from firmware update? or is this a sign that our receiver is possibly in need of replacing?

Have had similar issue a couple times in the last week or so. Will have to check SW version this evening and see what I'm on. Only seems to happen on one of the two 722s right now perhaps two different levels of SW

I'm sorry to hear you all are having these issues. Do you both have sw version L725? Also, is this completely random or are you able to trigger the audio loss by accessing specific menus or viewing a specific channel?

I'm sorry to hear you all are having these issues. Do you both have sw version L725? Also, is this completely random or are you able to trigger the audio loss by accessing specific menus or viewing a specific channel?

Wow, are you a genuine member of the Dish Software Team? That's fantastic and very welcome! Oh, and did I say:welcometo Satelliteguys.us?

Please note there is another thread very simliar to this one in the main Dish forum: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/292486-Sound-issue-on-722

Can I take this off-topic a tad? The "disappearing BB@home rental" after the nightly reset has again returned to my 722 w/L725. :rant: Is this a known issue?

It has been random for us.... not the same channel, nor the same time...... .... and how very awesome it is to have a "software team" presence on the board! Thanks!

Have 2 722s one exhibits this issue the other does not The one with no issue Software L725RJQD-N BootStrap L725RJQD The one that has the issue Software L725RJUD-N Bootstrap L725RJUD. The only difference are the letters after the L725 The 722 showing the issue there is no rime nor reason. It has happened on various channels, at various times of day. This morning it was Fox News at about 6:30am I had been watching this channel for about minutes when the sound just went out. This evening it was when changing the channel from 53 WPGH Pittsburgh to SCI channel. When this does happen the only solution that I have found to regain sound is to remove power from the receiver. Hope that info might help.

I am having about 0.1 second sound dropouts randomly on my 722 with this software lately on most program material. I gather from this thread there's nothing wrong with my receiver. Same old two steps forward and one back ( or vice-verse ) with the software.

have you tried to go into the audio output and change the audio setting PCM only? Had a on/off sound issue with my tv and I had to do this when i got my Insignia TV because.... come to find out, they don't support Dolby Digital! Now i have to change to PCM/digital audio on like everything, it's annoying.

my 722k its lose sound from channel 62/wwj it coming in 5.1 but playback not there

the sound on playback not there all other ok not that channel

I am having the same issue with my 722k. It's software v. L753RMKB-N. I have not done any 'systematic' testing but it only seems to occur when I enter the channel number w/the remote (not when using channel up, channel down, or selecting a channel from the guide list). I've seen it happen the most when switching to FoxNews (205). One time, when switching to 205, the audio did come up after about 10 seconds. To get the audio back, I have to reset the receiver.

I am using the digital optical cable to an amp/stereo. The stereo indicates the signal it's receiving and it shows DD5.1 but then when the sound goes away it indicates no signal. (If the signal is incompatible with the stereo's settings, it will indicate that on the stereo.. but in this situation, it's as though NOTHING is being sent to the stereo.)

Of course, the receiver would go stupid every once in a while and I would have to reset. (like everyone does) But I've had this same setup for years now and never had this problem on a daily basis. I've noticed this significantly for a few weeks.

Looks like no-one's actually getting a fix for this. I'm having exactly the same problem on 722k. Getting sound dropouts on both hooked-up TV's, audio usually drops out for maybe a second or two at random points during broadcasts (doesn't appear to matter what channel) and also at the end of almost every single show whether it's 'live' or DVR'd. Tried all sorts of resets, cable configurations, etc. Oh and I get a pixellated picture at the same time when it's at the end of a show.

Any thoughts? Bueller? Bueller?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)