Sound Quality

RolloTomasi

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
For the past few weeks, since the beginning of the NFL Football season, I've noticed bad audio quality. I thought it may have been the local Fox station only, but I also noticed it this past Saturday on The Big Ten Network.

Seems like it only affects live sporting events, and I get it on ALL my receivers. My parents also have Dish Network and they are experiencing the same problem. A CSR told me that there HAVE been other reports and that techs were working on the problem, and that is should be resolved within a few hours.

That was a few weeks ago and I'm still having the problem. Anyone else?

Main receiver, 522 connected to TV with RCA cables.
2nd receiver, as well as my parents, 508 connected via coax.

I talked to a CSR yesterday who said there were ongoing issues with Fox in general. However, I've only noticed it on live broadcasts, NFL Football in particular.

And I've also noticed it on a live broadcast on The Big Ten Network. I'm thinking that the software they use to quickly transcode the broadcast to mpeg isn't working too well.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? SD or HD?

I get drop outs and some out of sync issues. Occasionally, the picture will briefly go to a pink screen, but overall the picture quality is normal.

Audio

Hmmm. Haven't had any problems with the FOX stations here. We watch college football every Saturday, as well as our other favorites on FOX. Everything is fine. We have a 722 and a 211, both connected to our HDTVs via HDMI. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts