Soundbar Upgrade Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
Hi guys, I’m looking for some help with upgrading the sound system in my family room.

I currently have a 65” Samsung QLED with Dish and a Bose Cinemate 1 SR soundbar hooked up, but I’m looking to upgrade the Bose which was new in 2012.

I’ve been told by my local AV company that the way to go would be a Sonos Arc and Sub which would cost around $1650.

Will I really notice that much difference going from the old Bose to the new Sonos? I’m trying to figure out if it is worth spending as much as my TV was for a new Soundbar. Thanks!

Will you use all the features of a Sonos? Thats why your spending so much. Lots of cheaper better options out there! I have hooked up 2 Sonos systems for friends, pretty cool but unless you plan on hooking up your computer or phone to it also....

I haven’t really looked into all the features but we do use airplay quite a bit.

try here-

Just an update - I did end up going with the Sonos ARC and Sub and I am blown away. I think my family room setup now sounds better than my home theater and projector in my theater. Making me think about upgrading that soon. Thanks for the help guys!