SoundTaxi

ddub

Original poster
May 14, 2007
SW Virginia
Has anyone ever used SoundTaxi to convert audio files, specifically Napster? Or is there a better program available to convert?

Has anyone ever used SoundTaxi to convert audio files, specifically Napster? Or is there a better program available to convert?

I believe the only way without cracking DRM to play Napster files is to use an analog based sound recorder and last I checked SoundTaxi was one such problem. I've also used Tunebite in the past as well. I'm a paying subscriber to Yahoo Music Unlimited and I feel I'm within my fair use rights to use these programs so I can play the music on my linux box.

With the above said anyone using these programs just keep in mind that we here at SatelliteGuys "will not" condone using these programs to avoid paying for music nor for stripping the DRM to share the music with the WWW. So any talk about stealing and/or sharing will be deleted. I just hope that one of these days the government will require that DRM work on all operating system platforms but that may just be dreaming.

If you are looking for ways to convert stuff to mp3 - Audacity + sound card's line in + lame dll for the mp3 conversion is awesome. I've used it to record stuff directly off of the radio before. The compression is amazing. I think you can fit something like 12-24 hours of video on one cd sized mp3! :) I was using it to record a bunch of local radio stuff to mp3 and then burn it to dvd to listen at work a while back when a local radio station did something like a week long no repeat deally bopper that they do the week of Thansgiving every year... Unfortunatly, the dvd player in the computer at work didn't like the massive files and overheated, causing the computer to crash and causing employer to have to reimage the machine... needless to say, I don't do that anymore...

I use Soundtaxi for my Yahoo Music Downloads. Be advised that I do not share them on the web. I convert them for personal use only. The program does work very well. I don't have any problems with it.

I've used Soundtaxi for over a year and have never had a problem with it. I use it on Napster songs all the time. For $15 you can't go wrong!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)