South Carolina Voom Roll Call

Hello from Aiken, SC.

I'm not a "Voomer" just yet, I'm trying to learn more about it from you guys.
Anyone know the latest on programming additions?

Stick Around

TechCop said:
Hello from Aiken, SC.

I'm not a "Voomer" just yet, I'm trying to learn more about it from you guys.
Anyone know the latest on programming additions?

Well stick around and maybe you too will soon have Voom!

As for programming additions all I know is they are supposed add another 9 HD channels by end of year.

Bill:yes

I just called today to get my VOOM install done on Monday, YIPPY!!!
Hey would anyone let me come over to check out their install before I have mine?

Thanks
Kirk

stevesc said:
I'm also in Goose Creek, having installation done today. Talked to the installer yesterday and everything is on schedule.

Please post your experience. I'm getting mine installed on Monday. I've spoken with the installer himself and seems like a good guy that's willing to work with what you want. Please give me some tips on what you learn today so that it all goes smoothly for me. Details... Sorry, I'm just excited and don't want any hickups.
Thanks

Kirk

My install went great. He (Billy) tried to use a diplexer but was easily diverted. He used my existing antenna but gave me the Stealth, mount, and amp. The quality of the work was good, but not fantastic. No glitches at all. Within a few hours I upgraded to the Va Va Voom package.
I don't have any tips because I didn't have any problems.

Yes, I hooked up my Square Shooter outside along with a CM 7777 preamp. It works pretty well, although I don't get Fox or WB but they are so low power anyways and didn't expect to anyways. I have to tweak it in some more but I'm pretty satisfied with it. I don't know if it's better than the Stealth because I mounted the SqS outside vice in my attic but I think I'll try the Stealth outside and do a side by side comparison. I need another person to tweak it with me a little bit more. CBS during the day is a little sketchy but in the evening it's crystal clear. I love all of my HDTV though.

kirk_olson said:
Yes, I hooked up my Square Shooter outside along with a CM 7777 preamp. It works pretty well, although I don't get Fox or WB but they are so low power anyways and didn't expect to anyways. I have to tweak it in some more but I'm pretty satisfied with it. I don't know if it's better than the Stealth because I mounted the SqS outside vice in my attic but I think I'll try the Stealth outside and do a side by side comparison. I need another person to tweak it with me a little bit more. CBS during the day is a little sketchy but in the evening it's crystal clear. I love all of my HDTV though.

Was you getting Fox before?

Hammer

TheHammer69 said:
Was you getting Fox before?

Hammer

No I wasn't but when I tried a Radio Shack VU-90( I think) I could kind of pick up Fox or WB sometimes but nothing consistent, but that sucker was HUGE and in my attic. I was hoping I could get it. I'm 13.4 miles from the Fox tower. Of course they're at 129 degrees for me compared to the other stations at 103. Maybe I should play with it more and see what I can do. Well I guess NBC is at 131 and I can get that one just fine. Oh well, I know that Fox will have to boost their power up eventually and then I'll get everything. I think the Square Shooter looks decent anyways and not too funky. Got to have the Wife acceptance factor up high you know.

kirk_olson said:
No I wasn't but when I tried a Radio Shack VU-90( I think) I could kind of pick up Fox or WB sometimes but nothing consistent, but that sucker was HUGE and in my attic. I was hoping I could get it. I'm 13.4 miles from the Fox tower. Of course they're at 129 degrees for me compared to the other stations at 103. Maybe I should play with it more and see what I can do. Well I guess NBC is at 131 and I can get that one just fine. Oh well, I know that Fox will have to boost their power up eventually and then I'll get everything. I think the Square Shooter looks decent anyways and not too funky. Got to have the Wife acceptance factor up high you know.

I'm over here in Crowfield Plantation so I'm not that far from you. I have the Stealth outside and get Fox occasionally. Lately Fox has been dead. A few weeks ago, I was getting it every evening. Btw, I have never recieved UPN.

I'm having a multi-pathing problem and Joe Harkins at Installs inc. wants to try a SqS in place of the Stealth. I was worried that I might lose some of the other channels but if the SqS is working for you, then it should work for me.

Hammer

Crowfield Plantation? That's over by the Weapons Stations isn't it? If you'd like to come by sometime to check it out let me know.

kirk_olson said:
Crowfield Plantation? That's over by the Weapons Stations isn't it? If you'd like to come by sometime to check it out let me know.

No, Crowfield is much closer to you. If you ever got off I-26 at College park rd. and been over by Stratford High School, that is the back entrance into crowfield.

Hammer

Hello All!

I also live in the Crowfield area of Goose Creek. I will have VOOM installed on 06/14. Currently, I'm getting OTA with a $20.00 Radio Shack UHF ant. on a 20 foot mast (receive all except FOX and UPN but when the planets were all alligned, I did receive them for a few days). I'll let you all know how my VOOM install goes and my impression of VOOM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)