South Florida MPEG4 Issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.
5 LNB Finally Installed Today

I have had the HR-20 up and running since Sunday, and I am really enjoying it. I too am in the South Florida area, but had a really good installer. It was probably one of the best jobs ever done on my house. I went the custom install way and pulled all of the old equipment and lines down. I was so happy with the satellite work, that I had them do phone drops for me as well.

In regards to the MPEG-4 issues. I did notice that today for the first time. It was odd because it occurred on a recording that I had watched before and the audio was in synch. All of a sudden live network channels and recorded were in synch. I turned the box off for 30 seconds, then turned it back in and the audio was in synch. I thought this was an odd fix, but it worked. It leads me to believe that it is a software encoding issue, so I will remain positive.

By the way, thanks for the updates in the forum. Upon reading, I decided to reinstall the Wingard antenna Voom gave me for my local HD's. I know the OTA doesn't work on the HR20 yet, but I am prepared for when it does. As a Smallville fan it helps to know I can watch the show in HD as I am accustomed.

skakusha said:
I have had the HR-20 up and running since Sunday, and I am really enjoying it. I too am in the South Florida area, but had a really good installer. It was probably one of the best jobs ever done on my house. I went the custom install way and pulled all of the old equipment and lines down. I was so happy with the satellite work, that I had them do phone drops for me as well.

In regards to the MPEG-4 issues. I did notice that today for the first time. It was odd because it occurred on a recording that I had watched before and the audio was in synch. All of a sudden live network channels and recorded were in synch. I turned the box off for 30 seconds, then turned it back in and the audio was in synch. I thought this was an odd fix, but it worked. It leads me to believe that it is a software encoding issue, so I will remain positive.

By the way, thanks for the updates in the forum. Upon reading, I decided to reinstall the Wingard antenna Voom gave me for my local HD's. I know the OTA doesn't work on the HR20 yet, but I am prepared for when it does. As a Smallville fan it helps to know I can watch the show in HD as I am accustomed.

How the heck did you get a HR20, i just called yesterday and they said they are not available yet. I think it's time to speak to retention. Just wondering, does the Interactive work?

One box I bought through Value Electronics and got it this Friday The first I but on www.bestbuy.com, for store pick-up last Saturday. It is in BB's ad this week, but few stores have them.

Tuesday and Thursday are shipment days at BB, but if you order through www.valueelectronics. com, you get free shipping and no tax, and those guys have great customer service. The only reason I did not buy them both through VE, was because I wanted one for teh first week of football.

Good luck!

Ok as i said, i spoke with Rentention and they sending me a Hr20 for free, but they have to have a tech come "install" it. so i need to wait. They said if i went to BB and got it, they cant credit me back 299.00

I asked about the MPEG4 issues and she (the agent in CRG) said she doesnt see any reported mpeg4 issues. I knew i was not going to win that battle so i left it and i will wait and see..

PS... Everyone can keep the HD250's, they dont want them back nor do they want my H20, she said i could just hook up another set if i wanted, but i dont.

She said all the CSR's are not informed properly and thats why there is a lotta misinformation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)