SP not recording correctly

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
This is happening on TNT mostly. I set up a SP for Castle on 245 and when I go to watch the shows it says a hour has been recorded but it starts 30 minutes into the show and ends with still 20 some minutes left but says (do you want to delete) this, another words it's only really recording the last half of the show.. Now it started doing this on SP for Grimm. only it starts 15 minutes into the show ect ect ect.
This is the Genie
If I try and watch in another room it's the same thing. Has TNT found a way to make you watch the shows live?

Are you sure the program is actually starting at the time in the guide?

Why would it show it recorded a hour and only play 30 some min of the hour, and stop with still some time left on the bottom of the screen where it shows the orange color time of recording? It thinks it did it but still won't continue with the rest of whatever it did recorded...

Why would it show it recorded a hour and only play 30 some min of the hour, and stop with still some time left on the bottom of the screen where it shows the orange color time of recording? It thinks it did it but still won't continue with the rest of whatever it did recorded...
Could this be a bad software download causing it ?

You could go back to the National Release and see if that issue clears up.

I hate to call D* and have them replace it with all the programs I still have to watch. I guess I could start recording on my other 2 DVR's and try and hurry and watch what's recorded on the Genie.
Thanks Anyway Jimbo
go tigers

What are your signals on 99CB, TP13?
Your problem is very unlikely to be your hardware, so replacing the Genie won't help.

Even if that's true, it's almost certainly not a hardware issue.

I hate to call D* and have them replace it with all the programs I still have to watch. I guess I could start recording on my other 2 DVR's and try and hurry and watch what's recorded on the Genie.
Thanks Anyway Jimbo
go tigers
I didn't say anything about replacing the unit, I just wanted you to go back to the National Release to see if the problem went away ...

You will not or should not lose recordings going back to the NR.

Not sure what you mean? (National Release).... First Play of the show on like ABC ? I want to record all the episodes that TNT replays a couple times a week. I watch them while the wife makes supper. I may have see them 10 times each but it's still one of my favorite shows. Same with Grimm but they just show 4 episodes every Friday.

You haven't answered my question about signal strength. It's important.
And also remember that episodes will not be recorded if they are duplicates; that is, episodes that have already been recorded withing the last 28 days, even if they are no longer on the disk.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)