Space shuttle launch seen from East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobm69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
Kent County, Delaware
For those of you that live on the east coast, you can see the space shuttle after it launches at 920 pm. It is going to the International Space Station so it will be going along the east coast. Here is the link and a picture of the viewing area: SPACE.com -- Night Shuttle Launch Visible from Most of East Coast

090309-shuttle-spot-map-02.jpg

I usually go to the following site to see when the ISS and Shuttles are viewable.

Human Space Flight (HSF) - Sightings

Of course you will have to change your City if you aren't in the DC area. Funny, before it was cancelled they had both the ISS and STS up on the page, now the STS is absent. Check back of course later.

Since this mission is going to add even more Solar panels to the ISS it will now be brighter in the sky than Venus. Last summer I used to look for the ISS regularly. One time a few years ago I was able to see both the Shuttle and the ISS when they had separated but were sitting close to each other. It was cool seeing these two vehicles racing accross the sky together.

I try to get friends and family out to watch the fly overs, but no one is ever interested. What is wrong with people?

Looks like they are going to try again on Sunday, at the earliest.

I usually go to the following site to see when the ISS and Shuttles are viewable.

Human Space Flight (HSF) - Sightings

Of course you will have to change your City if you aren't in the DC area. Funny, before it was cancelled they had both the ISS and STS up on the page, now the STS is absent. Check back of course later.

Since this mission is going to add even more Solar panels to the ISS it will now be brighter in the sky than Venus. Last summer I used to look for the ISS regularly. One time a few years ago I was able to see both the Shuttle and the ISS when they had separated but were sitting close to each other. It was cool seeing these two vehicles racing accross the sky together.

I try to get friends and family out to watch the fly overs, but no one is ever interested. What is wrong with people?

I remember in the early 60's when there was a space flight, everyone, and I mean everyone, stopped what they were doing and watched it on TV. Now, its hardly noticed. I still like to watch them and actually being able to see them in the sky is a real treat. I agree Cyclone, what are people thinking?

very cool coverage on HDNET!

Though watching the launch reminds me of being in elementary school, they always wheeled the TV in to watch it

Figures,it was clouded over again last night again here too ! Great video on HDNet,but I watched it live on NASA.I couldn't stand the talking head.He wouldn't shut up.

Figures,it was clouded over again last night again here too ! Great video on HDNet,but I watched it live on NASA.I couldn't stand the talking head.He wouldn't shut up.

That's what mute is for :D Worth it to see it in HD for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts