Space Systems/loral Selected To Provide Satellite To Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
EchoStar XV is planned for launch in 2010

Space Systems/Loral Selected To Provide Satellite To Dish Network Corporation

PALO ALTO, Calif. – Apr 22, 2008 — Space Systems/Loral (SS/L), a subsidiary of Loral Space & Communications (NASDAQ: LORL) and the world's leading provider of high-power commercial satellites, today announced that it was selected to provide a new direct broadcast satellite (DBS) for DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH). The new satellite, which is based on SS/L’s space-proven 1300 platform, will support the expansion of DISH Network’s programming and services.

EchoStar XV is planned for launch in 2010. It will be the eighth SS/L satellite built for EchoStar.

“Both DISH Network and SS/L share the same kind of passion for excellence that is helping to advance the Direct-to-Home television industry,” said John Celli, president and chief operating officer of Space Systems/Loral. “We are very proud of our continued close working relationship with DISH Network.” “Space Systems/Loral’s record of reliability and their high powered platform are very important to our business,” said Rohan Zaveri, vice president of Space Programs for DISH Network. “We are pleased to add another Space Systems/Loral-built satellite to the DISH Network fleet.”

EchoStar XV is based on the space-proven Space Systems/Loral 1300 satellite bus, which provides the flexibility for a broad range of applications. To date SS/L satellites have amassed more than 1,400 years of reliable on-orbit service.

Maybe this is going to be the replacement for the AMC 14 not for sure.. :)

Well, considering that the AMC-14 never was operational, technically it would be hard to replace somethinging that never existed. I'm guessing that something else is due to be close to the end of their cycle around that time.

Well AMC 14 did exist just because it did not make it to its orbit does not mean anything. The Sat got built so I would think half to find a replacement for it due to the other 2 New Sats Dish plans on using this year are already have their assignments. So my guess is that this Sat will go where the AMC 14 was post to go but just guess though..

E11 is going to 110, E12 is R1, this one is E15... I wonder which ones they will have as E13 and E14. They do not name leased satellites Echostar XX, perhaps the China one will be E13 since it is the next Echostar owned satellite to launch. Where is E14 going?

Space Systems/Loral Selected To Provide Satellite To Dish Network Corporation

PALO ALTO, Calif. – Apr 22, 2008 — Space Systems/Loral (SS/L), a subsidiary of Loral Space & Communications (NASDAQ: LORL) and the world's leading provider of high-power commercial satellites, today announced that it was selected to provide a new direct broadcast satellite (DBS) for DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH). The new satellite, which is based on SS/L’s space-proven 1300 platform, will support the expansion of DISH Network’s programming and services.

EchoStar XV is planned for launch in 2010. It will be the eighth SS/L satellite built for EchoStar.

“Both DISH Network and SS/L share the same kind of passion for excellence that is helping to advance the Direct-to-Home television industry,” said John Celli, president and chief operating officer of Space Systems/Loral. “We are very proud of our continued close working relationship with DISH Network.” “Space Systems/Loral’s record of reliability and their high powered platform are very important to our business,” said Rohan Zaveri, vice president of Space Programs for DISH Network. “We are pleased to add another Space Systems/Loral-built satellite to the DISH Network fleet.”

EchoStar XV is based on the space-proven Space Systems/Loral 1300 satellite bus, which provides the flexibility for a broad range of applications. To date SS/L satellites have amassed more than 1,400 years of reliable on-orbit service.

So no new HD until 2020(soon):)

E11 is going to 110, E12 is R1, this one is E15... I wonder which ones they will have as E13 and E14. They do not name leased satellites Echostar XX, perhaps the China one will be E13 since it is the next Echostar owned satellite to launch. Where is E14 going?

I believe E-13 is CMBStar the satellite to be used to support the China Olympics. Unfortunely it was scheduled to be launched on a Proton so it may not get there in time. I think it was mentioned in a Dish financial report that E-14 was to be launched next year to 119 W and be a spotbeam satellite.

Well AMC 14 did exist just because it did not make it to its orbit does not mean anything. The Sat got built so I would think half to find a replacement for it due to the other 2 New Sats Dish plans on using this year are already have their assignments. So my guess is that this Sat will go where the AMC 14 was post to go but just guess though..

How come you don't think in full?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts