Spanish Networks in San Diego

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jose Massa

Original poster
May 3, 2011
San Diego
I live i San Diego,CA, I have been trying to pick up Azteca and Telemundo to start with, I have no luck, I fund out that there are different frequencies of tranporders, anybody can guide me to the right direction??

What box, LNB, antena, antena size do you have??? Are you looking for Satmex 5, 6 or Galaxy 13???

I have a pansat 9200HD with a 36" motorized dish with a single LNB (Freq 10750). And yes I have been trying to pick up Azteca 7 or Azteca trece, any help??

I have a pansat 9200HD with a 36" motorized dish with a single LNB (Freq 10750). And yes I have been trying to pick up Azteca 7 or Azteca trece, any help??

Given your location and according to the info that I see for your dish size (Ku band), satellite footprint for Galaxy 25 @93w and channels listed for that bird on lyngsat, you may want to aim for Azteca 13 on G25 on tp 11996, 4350
I understand that Azteca may be off and on on that sat, and the Aztecas that are stable are on C band, thus you would need a large dish and check out the footprints for your location, check out Galaxy 23 at 121w. C band for several Azteca channels on tp 3851.

Good information, however I dont know what is G25, could you help me to understand this a little bit more, I am kind of new on this. Also for a C Band do I have to get a bigger satellite dish??

Also for a C Band do I have to get a bigger satellite dish??
Yes, much larger, and you can sometimes find them on Craigslist or eBay used for little cash. A 10 foot mesh dish is manageable for transport, they weigh very little if you can remove the reflector from the mount, and transport it with a truck or on a trailer. It's a big project, you'll learn quite a bit. If you see a big dish in someone's yard near your home, chances are it is not being used.

The Azteca signals havent been on G25 (93W) for a while now and the "feed" that was there is now gone too

Good information, however I dont know what is G25, could you help me to understand this a little bit more, I am kind of new on this. Also for a C Band do I have to get a bigger satellite dish??

G25 is sat Galaxy 25, but please note Iceberg's note below,

The Azteca signals havent been on G25 (93W) for a while now and the "feed" that was there is now gone too

The feed labeled as "Mexico" still workes as of yesterday, which is Azteca 13. Haven't checked today

Galaxy 25, 93W, A rescan a couple of weeks ago, of this satellite, found MEXICO @ 12001 V 4350. I pretty sure it's AZTECA because of the logo on their mics. But it occasionally mysteriously disappears for a while.
And now, as I watch it, their audio mutes and/or no video for a while. So it's definitely not one to rely on. Think the C band mux on Galaxy 23 at 121.0°W would be easily possible with a 6 ft WSI.

Also if you want more spanish language channels, the Azteca mux on C band (G23) has other Azteca channels, (Azteca novelas, peliculas,...)

KU Band satellite Guidance

I placed a post awhile back with no exact answer of what I need, I hope somebody can help me to guide me through this.
I live in San Diego, I have been trying to pick up Azteca siete or Azteca trece from Mexico, with no luck, is anybody in this forum knows how to get the signal of those channels, I believe the channels are in Galaxy 25. Any assistance???

I have a pansat 9200HD with a 36" motorized satellite dish.

Good day

If you still need help, I'm in the San Diego area and can verify your installation. PM me if are in need of assistance.

I placed a post awhile back with no exact answer of what I need, I hope somebody can help me to guide me through this.
I live in San Diego, I have been trying to pick up Azteca siete or Azteca trece from Mexico, with no luck, is anybody in this forum knows how to get the signal of those channels, I believe the channels are in Galaxy 25. Any assistance???

I have a pansat 9200HD with a 36" motorized satellite dish.

Good day

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)