what can i do?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sabastio

Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
Hey I got a viewsat vs2000 and I want to know what can I do with it and how and what else I need? I'm new to sats and I want to experiment a little can some one help me

Sent from my Nexus One using SatelliteGuys

what type of stations are you looking for cband has lots of them and ku band has basic ethnic and christian chruch stations.

I'm just looking to Lear how to get some channels I don't know anything it will be the first time I'll try

rv1pop said:
:welcome Glad to have you aboard. How (or why) did get the receiver? There is a lot you can do, but to answer that question best, will require more information.

You are in the right place --- and first advice is to READ read, Read.
POP

I'm reading every article I found about fta but I don't understand to much but tnx for the welcome!!

I want to know what can I do with it and how and what else I need?
You're going to need a dish. A 36 inch offset feed type to receive Ku band satellite channels. A MINIMUM of a 6 ft Prime Focus style for the C band satellites. You're also going to need a matching LNBF with linear polarization. For these, the site sponsors, listed on the top of the page, can help you out. Check out The LIST for available channels, G19 Ku has A LOT of foreign language channels. To see if you have LOS (Line Of Site) to the satellite(s) this link >> Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com Enter your coordinates and the desired satellite, Zoom in and see where the green line goes. It will also show the elevation so you can site along the path to see if it's interfered by trees, buildings etc.
EDIT found this review by ICEBERG http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/34301-viewsat-vs2000.html

Last edited:
FaT Air said:
You're going to need a dish. A 36 inch offset feed type to receive Ku band satellite channels. A MINIMUM of a 6 ft Prime Focus style for the C band satellites. You're also going to need a matching LNBF with linear polarization. [/URL]
I have a 4.5ft dish and a Viking universal LNB does that works for something?

If possible post any info on the LNB(label?). I think it's Ku. And the dish may be a LARGE offset Ku. Great for a fixed 1 satellite system.* Post a picture of the dish. If there is any info on a label or molded into it, post that also. More info=more accurate advice. If you're just starting with your installation, make sure of your LOS before planting the pole. Get the pole, in cement, perfectly vertical. Use good quality RG6 coax between the LNBF and the receiver. Use of "Compression" fittings is recommended.
From ICE's review, you don't have blindscan with that receiver, so you'll also have to program each and every transponder into the receiver that has a watchable "channel". To aim the dish, you will have to program at least one active transponder, to be able to watch its Q meter. (This applies to a blindscan receiver also) The LIST has all the transponder information that should be needed - frequency, polarity, SR.
* multi sats with additional lnbf's- examples shown at MULTIPLE SATELLITE RECEPTION SOLUTIONS from GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS

I have a 4.5ft dish and a Viking universal LNB does that works for something?
That is appropriate for the job, if you are in the USA or Canada.
However, I don't recognize the size nor the brand.

Where are you located?
There may be a special problem getting signals in your area, and we wouldn't want to give you wrong advice.
Depending on what country you are in , we might have members there, who could shed additional light on obtaining good reception. :up

FaT Air said:
If possible post any info on the LNB(label?). I think it's Ku. And the dish may be a LARGE offset Ku. Great for a fixed 1 satellite system.* Post a picture of the dish. If there is any info on a label or molded into it, post that also.

Hey here's the pictures I have no info of the dish but its the same that dish network used here in Puerto Rico before the small ones. The dish is the first one u see and it has the LNB on it

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110612_071018.png
    ForumRunner_20110612_071018.png
    367.8 KB · Views: 123
  • ForumRunner_20110612_071125.png
    ForumRunner_20110612_071125.png
    293.2 KB · Views: 136
[QUOTE="Anole

Where are you located?
There may be a special problem getting signals in your area, and we wouldn't want to give you wrong advice [/QUOTE]
I'm in Puerto Rico.

I have been working as an installer of Claro TV for 3 moths now wish is a new satellite service we got here but that was the first time I worked with satellites so now I want to do my own project but as I said I know nothing

The LNBF looks okay to me.

As for the big round dish in the foreground (to the right), it also looks fine.
It seems bigger than the ones used in Mexico.
The Mexican ones look a lot like the DTV dish in the background of your picture (to the left) :)

Anole said:
The LNBF looks okay to me.

As for the big round dish in the foreground (to the right), it also looks fine.
It seems bigger than the ones used in Mexico.
The Mexican ones look a lot like the DTV dish in the background of your picture (to the left) :)

Ok now comes the big question what can I get with it (channels or sats) ? How do I set the stb for the channels or it is automatic? Please help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts