Spare TV1/IR 158926 Remote

Skyking69

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Honey Grove, TX
All,

I have looked at the sites of some of the sponsors of this forum, as well as on the Dish Network site, and had a chat session with Dish Network; I cannot seem to find one of these remotes. In our living room my wife and I both like to have a remote so we do not have to pass one back-and-forth between us. Can anybody provide me with a source for one of them?

Thanks,

Phil

what reciever model do you have? And are you asking how do you set two remotes to operate the same reciever? Do you have two remotes already? give me a little more info and i can probebly help you

Just in case im not on when you reply if you do in fact have two remotes already..... using the one that is working for your reciever hit the menu button then press 613 that should take you into the system info screen just hit the record button on both remotes it should sync each one to that reciever. you can also program both remotes to control the same tv as well so you can both control volume and what not. i hope this helps

Thanks for the reply. I kind of figured it out on my own. I was going crazy trying to find and buy an additional TV1/IR remote. Nobody I found had one in stock, including Dish Network, until I located one on eBay. I ordered it but continued reading and stumbled across a thread talking about options for the TV2 remote, mentioning it was either IR or UHF and selectable in the battery compartment. Well, we had a spare TV2 remote so I opened it up and sure enough, once I configured it to IR it worked just fine. Now the wifey can have her remote and I can have my remote and life is good. In response to your question this was for a 722k receiver.

Dish Network should put a notice on their accessories page that the UHF Pro (or whatever it is called) that is the TV2 remote, which they do have in stock; they need to put up that it can be used as IR or UHF and configured as TV1 or TV2 as a result - And make that point crystal clear in large and unambiguous as possible language. Then, it would be nice if they showed how (assuming it is possible) to turn the tab with the number over so it correctly reflects TV1 if that is the case.

So, can that tab be turned over? Can anybody tell me how to do it? :D

Thanks again,

Phil

Last edited:
You need to take the battery cover off 1st, then you'll be able to slide the "tab" out & flip it over. Hope this helps.

Ed

Ed,

With the battery cover off and after flipping the switch from UHF to IR I tried that, pulling it off. Is there a release or anything? I even tried gently prying with a flat blade screwdriver. It had no effect... Thanks for any additional follow up. :confused:

Phil

All,

Since this seems to be a simply yes/no and if yes simple to explain issue, and since I am not getting a reply, I will just go make a new forum post topic and specifically ask it there.

Thanks,

Phil

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts