Spartacus: Vengence

I think it needs more boobs.

lol
:D
While I'm certainly not against that it seems to take away from the accuracy of Roman times.Somehow I'm pretty sure they didn't have boobs hanging out for no good reason at the gladiator games.Also I'm pretty confident the F word wasn't in the Roman vocabulary.:D

Well Jupiter's 431226_10150660285431147_66533446146_11707002_760512335_n.jpg LMAO!

lol
:D
While I'm certainly not against that it seems to take away from the accuracy of Roman times.Somehow I'm pretty sure they didn't have boobs hanging out for no good reason at the gladiator games.Also I'm pretty confident the F word wasn't in the Roman vocabulary.:D

Well clothing was expensive and female breasts were not considered taboo like it is today. Heck even today in many countries in Europe the female breast is not taboo. As there are no laws against showing them in public, or on tv etc. America is very prudish compared to much of the world. So it would not be unheard of for in Roman times that women did not care if their boobs were shown. Now Ill give you, I'm not sure how much sex would really be going on in the Arena stands ;)

And of course the "F" word was not in the vocabulary as they would be not be speaking english ;) But i am sure they had there own word that would describe the same thing that word is referencing ;) Like the latin word "futuere" which basically means the same thing. Although its not as versatile as the "F" word. Which of course is the most versatile word in the English language. It can be a noun, verb, adverb, adjective, imperative etc. ;)

lol

Thanks for the history lesson!:D

Its a great show imho but it would be very hard for them to ever syndicate it for basic cable.I'm just saying that even without all the boobs and sex it would still be a great show.The infamous use of the F word reminds me of deadwood not quite as heavy usage though.Really liked that show but the use of the F bomb nearly ruined it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)