Spaun Mulitswitch's

Dr3aM

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
So Cal
Just purchased a Spuan DMK-55122F 5x12, a Spaun DMK-5508F 5x8 and a Spuan SBK-5502NF Launch Amplifier. Just wanted to see if anyone has used these to do Dish Network setup for satellites 110,118,119,129? I will be running all ViP 211k on this setup.

Just purchased a Spuan DMK-55122F 5x12, a Spaun DMK-5508F 5x8 and a Spuan SBK-5502NF Launch Amplifier. Just wanted to see if anyone has used these to do Dish Network setup for satellites 110,118,119,129? I will be running all ViP 211k on this setup.

I believe those will only work with Directv receivers. I'm sure they won't work with Dish receivers at all.

I hope your order is returnable or you can switch to Directv. Doing a search for the Spaun products I found at least one distributer that had a note these did not support DISH Network. I know Spaun is used for Directv and with the different frequencies used by DISH Pro it is quite possible they won't support DISH Network.

If you are doing DISH commercial especially QAM that may change the picture.

Why did you get this switch instead of a DPP44?

They work great for commercial, but they are very expensive
He has a 12 way and an 8 way so that is 20 connections which exceeds 3 DPP44s. But 12 dual tuners is 24 TVs, someone that orders $1000 worth of equipment then asks if it will work kinda leaves some questions.

I only paid $75 for it all NIB. I talked to someone at a site that sells them and they told me it would work for what I was doing. I do only commercial installations and use either a stock pile of DP34 I already have or DPP44 with a Sonora launch amp depending on the situation. I have never used this brand but I know someone that has a stock pile of this brand equipment so I want to give it a try to see how it goes. Also it has selector switch's on both switchs and amp for 22k and Diseqc.

Last edited:

Also the DMK-5508F is actually a DMK-5582F. Just noticed the typo.

I've gotten a DP34 to respond to diseqc commands from DVBDream, so it's at least plausible that these Spaun switches would do the right thing. I also tried googling the part numbers, and they do claim Dish support. Do they handle DishPro bandstacked LNBs, or are you stuck with legacy?

I only use Dish Pro LNB's either the 1000+ or 1000.2 with a "W" LNB bracket and 3 single Dish Pro LNBs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)