Speaker upgrade recommendations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dennis Brown

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Recently, I purchased an Onkyo TX-SR606 receiver to go along with my Velodyne Deco speaker system. I would like to upgrade the speaker system; my wife insists that any new ones be tiny, like the Deco's. My question is, should I upgrade to a small system like the Klipsch Quintet III's or is there a better one. Or. should I just keep the Velodynes.

Within reason, money is not an issue.

Thanks for any help you can provide and Aloha from the Big Island.

Dennis

Personally, I would stay with the Deco. The sub is basically an SPL-800. I would assume that Velodyne OEM'd the satellites, and they look a lot like period Mirages.

The big thing is that this system got very good reviews in its day. The response curves look nice and flat. The biggest failing is that they start to fall off after 15kHz, but that will be true of most any small speaker system, and any replacement will be quite costly. It will be difficult to find a speaker that outperforms and still meets your size requirement.

If you do make a change, you should consider hanging onto the sub at least. That is a gem.

Unfortunately, the sub bit the dust some years ago. I replaced it with a Klipsch KSW 10, which I intend to keep. I think I'll hang on to the other Decos.

Thanks for your help.

Dennis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)