Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
Got a reply back from D* on my question about Twins games blackouts in my area. Of course the reply didn't actually answer my question, but at least they tried.

In their reply they also included:
"After reviewing your account, I see that you may be eligible for a special programming or equipment offer. This offer is available for a limited time and only by calling us at 1-800-531-5000. Please call us at your convenience between 8:00 AM and 10:0 PM to see what special offer is best for you."

Anyone know what type of special offers they are dangling? I'm near the end of my initial 2 year contract. Do most of the special offers require an extension of the contract? I really hate being under a requirement. It would take quite an offer to entice me to re-enter a 2 year contract.

Got a reply back from D* on my question about Twins games blackouts in my area. Of course the reply didn't actually answer my question, but at least they tried.

In their reply they also included:
"After reviewing your account, I see that you may be eligible for a special programming or equipment offer. This offer is available for a limited time and only by calling us at 1-800-531-5000. Please call us at your convenience between 8:00 AM and 10:0 PM to see what special offer is best for you."

Anyone know what type of special offers they are dangling? I'm near the end of my initial 2 year contract. Do most of the special offers require an extension of the contract? I really hate being under a requirement. It would take quite an offer to entice me to re-enter a 2 year contract.

When I dumped my MLBEI they offered from HD for a Year($10), $10 off the sports pack for 6 Months and another $10 credit for the year.

These discounts do not extend contract. Stonecold listed in another thread it is on Equipment replacement or additions.

I read Stonecold's posts about equipment replacement, but a special offer usually isn't equipment replacement.

I'd call, but I just got back from the dentists and I'm not speaking clearly.

They offered a free of charge replacement of my HR21-100 with a new HR24. When I inquired as to whether this would extend my commitment, I was told that yes, it would extend it for another 24 months. So I declined the offer.

They offered a free of charge replacement of my HR21-100 with a new HR24. When I inquired as to whether this would extend my commitment, I was told that yes, it would extend it for another 24 months. So I declined the offer.

The HR24 would be pretty tempting.

the digital optical input on my hr20 has a problem which won't allow me to get a secure connection with appropriate cable. a lengthy conversation with the protection plan people got me nowhere. so i sent an email to the customer advocate team. they told me because the unit still works it couldn't be replaced under protection plan. but the lady decided to overide and get me a replacement unit (no service call fee, no shipping and handling fee, and no contract extension) because i have been a great customer.

the tech comes tuesday morning. while i'm hoping to get an hr24, i would be happy with an hr23.

the digital optical input on my hr20 has a problem which won't allow me to get a secure connection with appropriate cable. a lengthy conversation with the protection plan people got me nowhere. so i sent an email to the customer advocate team. they told me because the unit still works it couldn't be replaced under protection plan. but the lady decided to overide and get me a replacement unit (no service call fee, no shipping and handling fee, and no contract extension) because i have been a great customer.

the tech comes tuesday morning. while i'm hoping to get an hr24, i would be happy with an hr23.

I'm surprised they didn't just mail you one. :)

Last I knew D* doesn't mail out advanced receivers.
HD Non DVRs and SD non DVRs, Are the only once they would ever mail to me.
HD DVR and SD DVR were always hand delivered and installed.

They have sent me new HD DVR's when ever I need a replacement for quite some time now.

I too have had multiple HR2x replaced via Fedex overnight.

Must be the CSR just set it up as a free service call or something.

I too have had multiple HR2x replaced via Fedex overnight.

Must be the CSR just set it up as a free service call or something.

that's what she did jason, set it up as a free service call even before i mentioned my arthritic hands making it almost impossible for me to do.

The HR24 would be pretty tempting.

I gave it some thought, but my HR21 has been very stable and I've never run out of recording space, gotten close a couple of times.

So I didn't see how I would be gaining much by switching to an HR24, which just might have problems and would put me under another 2 year contract.

2 words for the HR24.... HOME CONNECT.

Otherwise known as Multi Room Viewing, the HR24 has built in equipment that will allow you to connect ALL HD RECEIVERS (even the non DVRs) to your HR24 via the SWiM and use all of them as a HD-DVR. Some of the non-HD receivers will even display the non-HD content you have recorded on the HR24.

With that said, the Home connect kit will also allow you to use the receivers as set top web browsers. A lot of good stuff coming to the HR24s that you won't get with the HR21 standard.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)