DTV Offer

man00

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Got another mail to my home address, decided to open this one.
They want two year contract, with only one year of price guarantee.
Surly that can't be correct??

Got another mail to my home address, decided to open this one.
They want two year contract, with only one year of price guarantee.
Surly that can't be correct??
It's correct. the price guarantee falls off after the first year. though you could call in and see if there willing to give you another promo during the second year as people have done that also

Not sure about new customer but I have had them 20+ years and they offer great discounts .

My bill would be like 300+ if I had local cable co
I only pay around 100 for 5tvs and most movie channels , dvr 4k and more ..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I had them for about 20 years too,. Until they canceled my account by mistake and I lost all my perks
They would not give them back but did offer some one time credit...I took the credit and said good-bye
I just never notice or knew about the one year price thing ot don't remember ...ect

If you go with Directv satellite, it is basically a great rate for the first year, full price for the second year (which they generally won't budge on much), then you can get great deals thereafter if you call every year and stay out of contract (or accept a 1 year agreement in exchange for a discount).

Year 2 is the tough part as you are under agreement at full price.

Dish is the opposite, they give you the discount rate for the first two years and then do not discount as significantly thereafter (though still will offer some incentives, just not as aggressive).

Reactions: John2021
If you go with Directv satellite, it is basically a great rate for the first year, full price for the second year (which they generally won't budge on much), then you can get great deals thereafter if you call every year and stay out of contract (or accept a 1 year agreement in exchange for a discount).

Year 2 is the tough part as you are under agreement at full price.

Dish is the opposite, they give you the discount rate for the first two years and then do not discount as significantly thereafter (though still will offer some incentives, just not as aggressive).
That is not true. I have had Dish now for 23 years and I have gotten about a 30% discount every 2 years for signing up for a new contract.

That is not true. I have had Dish now for 23 years and I have gotten about a 30% discount every 2 years for signing up for a new contract.
I wish D* would offer me 30% off sometime ...
Only offer I ever get is 50% off and thats a SCAM, I get thier calls a few times a month ... its always broken english and if they actually knew anything about the people they are calling, I can't get thier Addl Promos.

It's been about eight years since I've had DirecTV and remember this same song and dance back then. Of course, when the prices went up in the second year it wasn't nearly as high as it is now. Is there any kind of rule/estimate/guess for how far off sticker they come in year three?

I had them for about 20 years too,. Until they canceled my account by mistake and I lost all my perks
They would not give them back but did offer some one time credit...I took the credit and said good-bye
I just never notice or knew about the one year price thing ot don't remember ...ect
If you canceled it then you would be a new customer!!! There kinda like sxm you have to call in and play the rate game when your promo runs out!!! Why they don't offer a 2 year promo I dunno. I am sure it would help em retain more customers!!!

Last edited:
Not sure about new customer but I have had them 20+ years and they offer great discounts .

My bill would be like 300+ if I had local cable co
I only pay around 100 for 5tvs and most movie channels , dvr 4k and more ..

That 300 plus is bundled with your internets I take it also

That 300 plus is bundled with your internets I take it also
No 300+ for video only (not bundle

5 tvs dvr service ... I think a sports add on and hbo possibly didn't feel like everything I get with D* ... I can re run the quote later

Update its around 250 for video only... not counting sports like MLB EI or NBA LP ... and obviously no NFL ST

And I could only add 4 HD DVR stvs so not a true comparison... plus no external HDD no 4K list goes on ...

Also forgot to mention I tested it a few years back and PQ was awful and every other channel had XRE error .

Last edited:
Reactions: John2021
No 300+ for video only (not bundle

5 tvs dvr service ... I think a sports add on and hbo possibly didn't feel like everything I get with D* ... I can re run the quote later

Update its around 250 for video only... not counting sports like MLB EI or NBA LP ... and obviously no NFL ST

And I could only add 4 HD DVR stvs so not a true comparison... plus no external HDD no 4K list goes on ...

Also forgot to mention I tested it a few years back and PQ was awful and every other channel had XRE error .

Ah OK most bundle services

If you canceled it then you would be a new customer!!! There kinda like sxm you have to call in and play the rate game when your promo runs out!!! Why they don't offer a 2 year promo I dunno. I am sure it would help em retain more customers!!!
Problem was I didn't canceled...they did by mistake

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts