Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
SatelliteGuys is looking for some help on something exciting... we can't say what it is at the moment but we need you to be available on Monday night at 9PM ET / 6PM PT for a discussion which is expected to last less than an hour.

If interested you must be a DIRECTV subscriber and have a computer, and an iPad (Non-Jailbroken) with the Directv app. You must also be willing to write about the information so that other SatelliteGuys members can learn from what you learn.

So please let us know why we should select you for this very special project! We will pick two members and will notify them with the details of the event. We ask the two selected not to discuss the event until after it is completed.

This is a very special opportunity for SatelliteGuys members!

I am interested in participating. I have been a DIRECTV subscriber for two years. My contract is up soon, and I am on the fence about going back to Dish. If there is something new in the pipeline at DIRECTV, that could influence my decision to stay.

I'm interested also. Do my receivers need to be on the National release or can they have CE software and still do this test?

Cool. I hope this test is for the live tv streaming update. There's no special reason why you should select me other than I like to test out new software and cutting edge gadgets. If I can contribute something that helps others than I am more than willing to give up an hour or so to the cause.

Last edited:
Meh.. iPad.. though can't wait to hear what its about.. I've used the iPad to change channels & watch tv when it (iPad app) first came out.. haven't messed with it since (wifes ipad, my asus TFP doesn't have any support :()

I have time Monday night. DirecTV sub for about four years and I am getting the HR34 installed Monday morning. Nice way to end the day. Also, I have an old school iPad generation one.

I will throw my name in the hat...

Directv sub since 2004, Have a 34, HR21, and H21. Run CEs, use a slingbox on the H21... and I have a 3rd gen iPad, fiance has a 2nd gen.

You shouldnt pick me over anyone else, but if I am needed I am available

I am interested only if I don't need to boot up my slow ass puter.:)

Just a speculation since I don't have DirecTV: the "not jailbroken" requirement is probably because DirecTV's app detects jailbroken devices and refuses to run. I believe that xCon, free in Cydia, supports this app (xCon is a background process that somehow makes jailbreak-detecting apps think they are running on a non-jailbroken device).

Obviously since DirecTV is providing the app, they aren't going to tell you that.

I have had direc Tv since I paid them two payments. USSB and Direc.
I have dish as well as Uverse. I am not biased towards any of them.
I know the good and bad of all three.

I feel I can objectively give my take without bias.
I have the direc tv app and use it. I also have an unjailbroken
Ipad.

Id be happy and honored to assist if needed. I am available on Monday night.

Joel

I think Jason selected and notified people last night. But if not he can correct me and let me know. :D

Thanks everyone! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.