Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just got notice of a special retailer chat which will take place on Monday at Noon Eastern.

The function of this chat is to announce enhancements to their promotions. No other word on whats going to be announced.

Will be covering this chat here at SatelliteGuys as it happens and will report any information which could be of use to you the consumer. :)

Thanks for your support!

Strange having a retailer chat when they just had one last week and with September not too far away......

Well, they have said they are moving toward simplifying things.

You mean like the way they did HD+ plat pack ? Yes it was very simple. First anyone could have it, then only new subs can have it. IF you never had it you can't get Plat by itself because it doesn't exist. Real simple. ;)

It is strange. My neighbour installs for Dish and I'll probably be over there to watch. We like to make fun of Charlie sometimes on his non-promises. :D

Has Dish ever announced anything significant on a Retailer chat that they hadn't already announced elsewhere?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I am genuinely curious.

They have announced new and exciting things on the retailer chats that were not known before. I remember a few times hearing some new channel announcements, and also price structure. Most people on here don't get to hear about the changes in payment structure for retailers. Thats a big deal for us.

I use to pick on Dish's customer service as it was REALLY REALLY bad.

Some changes have happened, and now their customer service is NOT THAT BAD. (Not JD Powers award winning... but not that bad.) :)

I use to pick on Dish's customer service as it was REALLY REALLY bad.

Some changes have happened, and now their customer service is NOT THAT BAD. (Not JD Powers award winning... but not that bad.) :)

They use to be JD Powers award winning customer service. That is what they have to be now in order to grow the customer base. At this point I cannot recommend Dish to my friends---Five years ago it was the other way around.:rant:

They use to be JD Powers award winning customer service. That is what they have to be now in order to grow the customer base. At this point I cannot recommend Dish to my friends---Five years ago it was the other way around.:rant:

Unfortunately, I can't recommend any of my utilities to anyone.

What I have found is the process of getting new service is atrocious. Once the service is installed and finally working correctly, it seems to be fine.

If something goes wrong, the process of repair is also atrocious.

So as long as after the initial install I have no contact whosoever with the provider, all is well. ;)

To be fair, I have found over the years, the level of service for everything has declined.

In some ways, Dish Network has improved, such as the technology and the offers they give customers. They have really done quite a bit to offer the customer more the past year or two compared to what they used to do when they were very strict. I think the online chat has helped quite a bit with the customer service experience as well. I have seen a bit of improvement from them. The service used to be great years ago, went downhill, then improved again.

I think part of the problem today is that there are more things to go wrong with all the additional technology being used vs. what used to be used along with more people using more advanced technology (DVR's, dual tuner receivers, multiple lnb dishes, switches).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)