Special Retailer Chat Recap - February 14, 2013

p/h is right, if we are going to stream 100's of channels on the internet, then a massive upgrade will be required. many folks are still using telephone wiring to supply their ISP.

It is for Dish or Direct customers. Unless your a pirate, lad! With the Dish/Disney negotiations seemingly stalled I don't expect a quick resolution. Please don't take this as an offense to signal pirates, Lord knows they get enough grief as it is...

Am I correct in that even the latest hoppers don't skip commercials on basic cable channels? (nat geo, disc, a&e, etc)

This is definitely what's been happening, first Hulu went to Hulu+ (with all the ads), espn3 is gone, etc. As soon as streaming services get more popular, they will get more expensive. The reason is that the programming is still provided by just a very few sources, the monopoly that has existed since the 1960's is still in place.

I meant automatically, all dvr's skip manually.

Dish is tough on the installer, it's one thing if your experienced with all their rebates, exchanges etc, but it is mighty tough on the small guys with just one or two employees. No free cruises for us!

I think dvrexpander is expressing a valid point. These customer callbacks can be very frustrating. For example, many customers thought when they upgraded to the Hopper, it would not record commercials, then they are thinking the equipment is defective, or the Dish ads are misleading. I also believe that many installers are reluctant to voice complaints on forums.

p/h is right, if we are going to stream 100's of channels on the internet, then a massive upgrade will be required. many folks are still using telephone wiring to supply their ISP.

It is for Dish or Direct customers. Unless your a pirate, lad! With the Dish/Disney negotiations seemingly stalled I don't expect a quick resolution. Please don't take this as an offense to signal pirates, Lord knows they get enough grief as it is...

Are you talking to yourself? You open a 3 month old discussion and then start ranting about who knows what......

PTAT Programming

The ratings numbers are starting to show a trend change. Hell, even Netflix is putting out original programming. But your point is valid. Dish advertising implies that the commercial skip works on all channels (though they do flash a quick disclaimer at the very bottom of the ad for a few seconds). :confused:

Are you talking to yourself? You open a 3 month old discussion and then start ranting about who knows what......

Semi-automated poster? 'Tis odd for sure.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Hopper vs adding 211k monthly fee analysis

Dish Pointing Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)