Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome to this very special Dish Network Retailer Chat Recap. This was a special chat called by Dish Network to discuss the AMC-14 issue and also talk about the Digital TV Transition.

I am expecting most of will be discussed here will be much of what we have already discussed here at SatelliteGuys.US (but it is always good to hear things from the Horses Mouth!)

This chat starts at 12:30 and I am watching it live, however as normal reports may be delayed a few minutes as I need to type up and get screen captures of anything that might be of interest to you the consumer.

I will lock this thread until after I get the first post from the live chat.

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys, you are just another reason why we are America's Favorite Satellite Information Site!

And here we go... Welcome to another retailer chat, this one a special edition.

We are welcomed by Jim Defranco and Tom Stingley.

They want to talk about the AMC-14 satellite and Digital conversion program...

Lets get started about AMC 14. There has been lot of miss information being reported about AMC-14 by the press and they want to clear the air.

Jim says they are disapointed with the launch, but the satellite is healthy. He says Lockheed Martin, SES Americom and Echostar are working on the issue and that he is personally optomistic that they can get the satellite into the correct orbit.

Jim says the satellite problem will NOT disrupt their short term plans for new national HD and HD locals. They then show all the cities that are launching soon in HD, and interesting change is now the screens say "Late March through Early April" Then others which are coming in Late April - Early May. (I notice the Hartford CT locals are no longer listed on these slates)

There are more HD Locals that will launch after that WITH OR WITHOUT AMC14 in place.

Jim says he hopes this clears the air and that Dish is moving FULL STEAM AHEAD with their plans!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 406
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,486
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 1,328
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,270
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,298
Jim then goes on to talk about the national HD channels, as the same channel logos from the consumer chat and last weeks retailer chat are now shown.

Jim says 80% of the channels listed will be launched in the near future and that is with or without AMC-14.

Jim once again tells us Dish is moving FULL SPEED AHEAD.

Scott its not just hartford, Cleveland is now missing from that list-Is there another slide, or did Cleveland Locals in HD get thrown out the window? I suspect more as well.

Well I guess we will see what this weeks and next weeks uplink reports show if anything..

I figured this would come out, and I think everyone needed to hear that Dish is not hurt on HD plans, if you got to dslreports they had a doom and gloom report up.

If they are saying late March for the start of LIL. Maybe next week for national also--one or two:)

I think they were missing some slides, as Jim said all the locals and national HD channels mentioned on the previous chats would be launched as planned.

They are now grilling dealers for not signing up to accept the Government free set top box program. They go over the program and tell dealers how to sign up and why they should sign up.

Jim mentions that this is the biggest thing to happen to satellite telvision since the invention of scrambling satellite signals in 1986. :)

Yeah well at this point they need to do something due to allot of other places are trying to report things are at a stand still. If they add some things that would put a end to all of that.

I think they were missing some slides, as Jim said all the locals and national HD channels mentioned on the previous chats would be launched as planned.

They are now grilling dealers for not signing up to accept the Government free set top box program. They go over the program and tell dealers how to sign up and why they should sign up.

Jim mentions that this is the biggest thing to happen to satellite telvision since the invention of scrambling satellite signals in 1986. :)

thanks Scott thats what I thought, I cant wait, I am hearing Next friday (28th) as a possible turn on date for locals lets hope that works out!

My locals are still listed for late april- Burlington Vt.- good news- sorry for you guys who aren't listed, we can all understand your frustration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts