Specific antenna question for Detroit area locals

You may lose virtual 14 after Friday as it is moving down to low VHF (RF3) in the repack. Your rescan will be the acid test on how good the antenna is on low VHF.

After Friday I am installing Channel Master's LTE filter on both of my antenna systems. Pretty quickly the cell carriers are going to pollute the old channel 38-51 range with LTE signals that these antennas will receive.

I wouldn't even know it was gone lol. I knew there was a rescan coming up this weekend for WWJ so it was on my list of things to do anyways.

Is the rescan only necessary on Friday, March 13? That is, are all of the Detroit channels that are scheduled to move moving on the same day? I'm out of town and my DVR is set to record my favorite shows on NBC and CBS Thursday night. I'm wondering if they will be there when I return Friday.

WDIV and WWJ are switching frequencies this Friday. You should be safe for this Thursday night, but you will need to rescan sometime Friday on your DVR if it is doing the tuning.

Reactions: PasTypique
WXYZ already moved on March 7. They are now on their new frequency, RF25.

I wonder if this change made it possible for me to receive TVOntario from Windsor, on RF19. I thought WXYZ was on RF41 prior to the weekend. Perhaps it overpowered RF19, not sure. It's nice to receive an extra channel.

Question
I am in Roseville by 11 mile and gratiot I want a indoor tv antenna that gets Detroit locals 2 47 11 20 62
Cbc Windsor tv Ontario

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question
I am in Roseville by 11 mile and gratiot I want a indoor tv antenna that gets Detroit locals 2 47 11 20 62
Cbc Windsor tv Ontario

I lived in Belleville, Mi ( about 25 mins from Detroit) until 2020 ( lived in Michigan for 53 of my 56 years, now in Florida) I tried so many indoor antennas, none were great, even the nicer amplified ones, gave up and put a Mohu outside, it was perfect.

Bruce
U had no trouble
Getting Canada

The Mohu outside, no, indoor antenna, no way.

Never watch it, but it came in.

Bruce
I bought a winegard 5500a
Flat wave indoor antenna I hooked it up ran a scan got 60 channels including
9.1 cbet Windsor
Winegard is a great indoor antenna

Bruce
I bought a winegard 5500a
Flat wave indoor antenna I hooked it up ran a scan got 60 channels including
9.1 cbet Windsor
Winegard is a great indoor antenna

Well, Roseville a little closer to Windsor.

Like I wrote, had a Mohu, received everything I could, but the majority of content on all those stations is reruns, never excited me that much.

I get all those substations here in Florida also, never watch them, too much new content on streaming services, no time for reruns.

Well, Roseville a little closer to Windsor.

Like I wrote, had a Mohu, received everything I could, but the majority of content on all those stations is reruns, never excited me that much.

I get all those substations here in Florida also, never watch them, too much new content on streaming services, no time for reruns.

CBET’s transmitter is in McGreger ON