Specto vs Exodus

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
Not to confuse anyone, this is about video addons for Kodi. My system is Kodi 16.1 (Amber skin, HALauncher) running on Kit-Kat 4.4.2 on an MXIII box. I know I'm not the first person on the Internet to post about this so I'll just say the lack of a Favorites folder in Exodus sent me looking for an alternative. The fact that the Exodus developer is pushing the user to create a Trakt account to use as a favorites folder also turned me off. Seems to me to be the lazy man's easy out.

I already had 1Channel, Genesis (I know, it's going away), and Phoenix installed so I searched a little deeper and found several folks recommending the recently updated Specto (May 21, v2016.05.10.7) . Specto is the replacement for Genesis. I installed it and after testing for a couple of days have come to rely on it as my go-to addon for Kodi. It seems at least as fast as Exodus and so far has all the content that I want plus, and it's a big plus, it has a terrifically easy way to save favorites. Just highlight a movie or TV show, hit the Menu button on the remote and the dropdown menu has an option to save as a favorite. Highlight that and hit OK and you're done. The next time you open Specto just select My Specto to see your favorites listed in alpha order. If you're searching Movies it will be saved in a Movies sub-folder and the same for TV and Person so it's not all jumbled together. YMMV.

The instructions for Specto are here, if anyone's interested. The images are for an earlier version but the instructions are the same.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-specto-kodi/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)