Hulu Live vs You Tube TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
About to switch to Hulu Live because of the bundle Price, never had it before, what is your opinions on picture/sound quality vs YTTV.

I have always thought YTTV picture to be the best Live TV can look from a provider, is Hulu the same, worse, better?

But I have found the sound to be lacking since everything is in DD+ 2.0, my pre/pro does a good job with it, is Hulu Live any better?

About to switch to Hulu Live because of the bundle Price, never had it before, what is your opinions on picture/sound quality vs YTTV.

I have always thought YTTV picture to be the best Live TV can look from a provider, is Hulu the same, worse, better?

But I have found the sound to be lacking since everything is in DD+ 2.0, my pre/pro does a good job with it, is Hulu Live any better?
I've never had Hulu with Live TV (although I have had live linear Showtime as an add-on in that app years ago). I now have YTTV and years ago had DTV Now (which is now called DTV Stream).

The general consensus, which I agree with, is that DTV Stream has the best HD picture quality and the widest support for DD 5.1 audio. Many folks seem to think Hulu with Live TV has the 2nd-best picture, although I don't know if I agree with that. And then YTTV is in 3rd place for HD picture quality. I'm not sure how widespread DD 5.1 audio is on Hulu Live. I know YTTV is very slowly rolling it out to more and more devices but most still lack it.

In case it matters, be aware that Hulu Live lacks the AMC and Hallmark networks, although you can get the AMC channels' content via the separate AMC+ app/service.

Reactions: DS0816