Speed HD ????

Scott89

Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Will DISH let us have SPEED HD in time for Speedweeks or are we gonna be left in the dark as usual?

Its bad, I found this site just a little while ago, (under a rock...I know) and I've never seen so many issues with one company before. I went to Dish for the pricing over COX, but I was lied to on the phone when signing up. I was told my locals were all available to me in HD, but when I got it hooked up....no HD local. Totally screwed up all my NASCAR races in HD unless they were on TNT HD or ESPN2HD....I called and voiced my opinion about how I was screwed, got the usual apology and told that I was locked into a contract. I think its about to expire soon...but with this new 29.99 HD only package, I might resign if they add all the HD channels as they become available......if I don't get lied to again.

sorry if this question has been posted, I couldn't find it.

Speed is already broadcasting shows in HD so if there is a deal in place why don't they go ahead and fire it up. I know that the motocross races were broadcast in HD and I believe some of their shows on the power block or whatever it is was in HD as well.

I would think that Speed would be in HD on DISH, especially with the amount of exposure of DISH in NASCAR now.....

I just figured I'd be disappointed with DISH as usual.

thanks for the info.

I would think that Speed would be in HD on DISH, especially with the amount of exposure of DISH in NASCAR now.....

I just figured I'd be disappointed with DISH as usual.

thanks for the info.

An E* poster stated in this Forum that Speed-HD would be on Dish Network as soon as it launches.

PS This "disappointment" thing is not usual - it stems mostly from two different satellite launches being postponed - which is totally out of the control of Dish.

I think that in April, this "disappointment" thing will be over... meanwhile the volume of whining is annoying - most countries in the world have zero HD channels...

This weekend I watched the Barrett Jackson Auction on speedhd via directv and it was awesome.

As usual we will be left in the dark I am sure, Dish has this thing that they cannot add new HD when it comes out, usually 6-12 weeks later is when you can expect it on Dish Network, as far as Speed HD, we won't be seeing Raceweek in HD, my hopes are not high at all!

I can wait on this one fortunately ... the only thing i watch on speed is F1 .. and it does not look as though they are going to broadcast F1 in HD until later in the year .... maybe by the time they get Hi-Def .. dish will have managed to get it up on one of its satellites !

It's my understanding that MotoGP is captured in HD, but it has not been broadcast in HD. I believe that the Laguna Seca race was broadcast in HD in 2007, via the local network.

I think they are telling us that the final round of the Supercross (at Las Vegas) will be in HD as well.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Lonster

If E* doesn't add any HD by 2/1/08, our local cable company will be offering the same HD channels as E* minus Zoom. It would represent a new low for any satellite company to be matched by cable!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)