Speed increase to 250 mB!

I don't have a problem with cost. I'm finding there is some confusion with what works with 250 Xtreme. I was going to go with the 6141, however it was not listed for the 250 service when I looked.

I say spend the extra $40 and get the 6183, you will be future proof for a while.

Here are some specs-

Internet download speeds up to 686 Mbps and upload speeds up to 131 Mbps based on your Cable provider service.
Ideal for streaming HD Video and gaming on multiple devices at a time
16 download & 4 upload channels to future proof your modem as your Cable Internet Provider enhances capability.

I say spend the extra $40 and get the 6183, you will be future proof for a while.

Here are some specs-

Internet download speeds up to 686 Mbps and upload speeds up to 131 Mbps based on your Cable provider service.
Ideal for streaming HD Video and gaming on multiple devices at a time
16 download & 4 upload channels to future proof your modem as your Cable Internet Provider enhances capability.

I agree.

The question is if you got 150 meg service for example, are you getting any better performance having 16 download channels vs 8?

Is it using all 16 channels, or only if you have lets say a 600 meg connection?

I'm getting between 12 and 13 MB down with my Windstream DSL. I am perfectly happy with that and can't even imagine what that speed is like.
Same here. I have Windstream DSL and Comcast XFinity TV. Faster cable internet just means hitting the cap quicker. My Windstream is unlimited. ;)

Reactions: andy_horton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)