"Spirit TV" debuts on Sky Angel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Spirit TV, a contemporary Christian Music video channel is now available to Sky Angel subscribers on channel 9706.

I was listening and watching this channel for several hours tonight (3/9/04). The blend of music is fantastic. It goes from rock to pop to soul to (tamed) hip-hop (not rap), to jazz and back again. They of course are mostly a Christian Rock station so most of the videos are squarely in the "Christian Rock" relm. Sprinkled among these are many secular music with all sorts of different upbeat music styles. Overall very good music.

The channel is commercial free with a break here or there identifying themselves and an unseen VeeJay.

Just so you know a little about the reviewer... I am 42 years old. Musical tastes range through every facet of music except gangsta rap. Music I'm most likely to listen to is contemporary Jazz (not elevator music...must have a beat) and "Classic Rock" late 60's-'85 (no Disco please). Radio dial #1 set to Classical, Dial #2 Jazz, #3 Classic Rock, #4 Top 40. I have always turned my nose up at the Christian Rock radio stations here in the city. So most of the music I'm listening to now is very new to me.

See ya
Tony

Tony,

You are like me, very diverse listening taste.

Have you ever considered XM?

Their channel line up will blow you away.

I was able to View Spirit for a few days before it was made available to the public, and I agree the music selection on this channel is fantastic, its not all praise Jesus songs, infact if you didn't know better you would not know this was a Christain Music channel!

This channel alone is worth a subscription to SkyAngel.

Spirit Communcations, aka RadioU and TVU know what they are doing (Ive been to their studios, totally digital state of the art and top notch people, defently not a mickeymouse (pardon my pun) operation like Praise TV turned out to be with mostly replays and informecials, Spirit will defently be a leader in Christian AC/CHR Music Video television as they have made a name already with their Rock oriented video channel TVU !...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)