Spitfire Elite died after (2) weeks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
I bought a spitfire elite (2) weeks ago. Hooked it up to openbox s9, changed freq turned on 22k. Worked perfect for 2 weeks, then died like someone cut the cable. Hooked up old reliable LNBF, changed everything back and all works like before. Anyone had these die in such a short time? Thanks. Chad

There's a guy, I don't remember whether it was here or on another board, who killed a few of them in rapid succession. He never did figure out why.

It was PopcornNMore. I believe he got them replaced at little or no charge. I think the problem was kinda figured out to be operation with a particular motor. Think the thread may be in Equip. Reviews. I do not have a motorized Ku, and my spitfire elite has been trouble free since October. edit, found threads http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpe...-spitfire-elite-digital-universal-single.html and the failure thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/234935-spitfire-elite-lnbf-failures.html

Last edited:
I just installed my first Ku motor and in an hour of dish aligning my XtremeII lnb blew out the horz. side. Motor is an older SG2100, not sure it caused it, but I do wonder. As a precaution I'm going to install some MOV surge protectors inside the motor before I try another lnb. My XtremeII had given good service having been on and off of several dish experiments till the motor came along.

Yes, this happened to me not just once but twice. DMS International replaced the LNBF's of a different model which I haven't had time to test. After DMS International received the bad Spitfire Elite LNBF's the communications between us ended.

I just installed my first Ku motor and in an hour of dish aligning my XtremeII lnb blew out the horz. side. Motor is an older SG2100, not sure it caused it, but I do wonder. As a precaution I'm going to install some MOV surge protectors inside the motor before I try another lnb. My XtremeII had given good service having been on and off of several dish experiments till the motor came along.

I too am using an older model SG2100 motor which has lasted now for over 9 years.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts