Splitter effecting spot beam channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dafu

Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Alaska
Hello,
I am new to the site. A co-worker of mine told me about a problem with not able to view local channels. She has one wire coming from the dish to the 522 Receiver with a splitter installed to be able to hook up both the receiver's sat in tuners. (I don't remember what kind of splitter it was)

I checked the transponders and everything was good but they still were not able to watch the local channels. After a looking over the LNB and the wires. I took the splitter off and connected the wire directly to the receiver. This solved the problem with not being able to watch the spot beam channels. I was wondering if anybody would be able to tell me why this happened. :confused:
Thanks

That splitter is likely a DishPro Plus separator. But it's not clear if your friend is also in Alaska and she has an unusual dish configuration. Could you do a Menu 6-1-3 and tell us what the h line says the receiver is seeing? DishPro gear can identify itself and the receiver should tell you what's there.

She is also in Alaska . The dish is pointed at 119. She has Dish 300 and a legacy LNB. The separator is no the DishPro Plus separator. It was red and I don't remember what the manufacturer was.

Well to begin with you can't usea conventional splitter with satellite signals. I have not personally seen other brands of separators---though they may exist. But I would ask DISH fora separator. they may send it free of charge and even if she has to pay for it it will likely work better than what she had before or whatt she has now.

The OP states that the splitter is red so it might be a HOLLAND satellite splitter.
A separator will not work with a legacy lnb neither will a splitter of ANY type. A satellite splitter would work with a DISH pro lnb.
The OP needs to either switch to a DISH Pro LNB or run two lines from the LNB to the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts