2 quick questions on Dish monthly fee

happy hopping

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
North America
1) I notice there is a $5 receiver fee on my bill, and I definitely don't have that back in 2009. Now I own my receiver, I paid for it, so what's this $5 for?

2) Just like most of you, I subscribe to paperless billing, what channel do you get from that? Is it just 340, or do you get 327 as well?

Sounds like a receiver connection fee, honestly. A billing switch last year provided the "charge" based on an algorithm. You likely had two DUO receivers and neither connected to a phone line at a key point in the switch. That is the only receiver fee set at $5. I can take a look at it if you would like, and see what I can do for you.

PM me a phone number or account number and I should be able to verify the issue, and provide a solution.

thanks. I got the $5 fee sorted out. As to the paperless billing, all we get is one free channel of 340? Wasn't there more in the past? Because I'm almost certain that I've seen 327 on my subscription list before.

thanks. I got the $5 fee sorted out. As to the paperless billing, all we get is one free channel of 340? Wasn't there more in the past? Because I'm almost certain that I've seen 327 on my subscription list before.
Dish Network does offer incentives to sign up for Auto-pay with paperless billing but they are normally only offered for a limited amount of time. Right now we are offering Cinemax channel for one month with an e-mail or auto pay. In the past we did a year of Cinemax for a $.01. The promotions do change all the time so there is no specific answer I can give. If you would like me to see if you are currently under a promotion I would be happy to review your account and let you know, just PM me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)