Splitter Question

tvguy007

Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Can someone tell me what splitter I should be using for the following setup:

I have highspeed and HD with comcast.

Main line comes in and I have it split. One cable goes to attic and one cable goes to my movie room. It is joined two times using RG6. I currently have a spliter where the main cables comes in and 3 outputs. One is not being used. The movie room is using the 3db and the attic is using 7db. I'm sure this is not so good.

Please advise what splitter.

Thanks

Can someone tell me what splitter I should be using for the following setup:

I have highspeed and HD with comcast.

Main line comes in and I have it split. One cable goes to attic and one cable goes to my movie room. It is joined two times using RG6. I currently have a spliter where the main cables comes in and 3 outputs. One is not being used. The movie room is using the 3db and the attic is using 7db. I'm sure this is not so good.

Please advise what splitter.

Thanks

Not really following your question too clearly but:

Ideally you should use as FEW splitters/connections as possible. It is also good to put terminators on any unused splitter ports.

If you must run another splitter downstream from the first, then plug the line going into the 2nd splitter into the line out that has the higher gain.

You dont mean higher gain you mean less loss :)

But I to am confused on what you have? Could you try to explain it a little different?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)