Splitter ???

jeffnoel

Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Newbie here, are the splitters for satellite different than the handful of old cable splitter I have in a drawer? I got the Dish for Xmas and love it, got the 625 DVR and don't miss anything on the Speed Channel anymore. I have the 625 connected to 2 TV sets and would like to split one of those signals after the receiver to send it to the small 13" TV in the garage. What type of splitter do I need? I'd rather not pay for an extra receiver just to have satellite in the garage.

Are you doing a backfeed?

Do you want to be able to watch the same thing on both TV's, if so it is very simple just come out of the receiver "TV OUT" into a splitter and run from there.

I'm not sure what it's called but yes I want to send the same output to 2 TVs so can I just use any old splitter or do I need something special to work with digital satellite?

no you can use any splitter make sure you make relay good connections so nothing touching center conductor. and make sure you don't split satellite feed other wise it wont work

So all splitters are the same? I have some that are marked 5-950 MHz another marked 5-1000MHz, and another that says it's a digital splitter marked 5MHz-1.0GHz. Which do I use? Now after checking eBay i found one that says 5MHz-2.0GHz aaaaaarrrgh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)