Splitting a signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Milwaukee12

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I was just wondering if anyone knew if it were possible to split a sat cable from the multi-switch. Here is what I want to do: I have a D*Tivo and am only using one tuner. Is there any way to use a high frewuency splitter to split the one cable into two?

As a Directv tech, i know there are "high freq" splitter available but i haven't seen one yet 'cause our wharehouse doesn't carry it.:(

Spade said:
As a Directv tech, i know there are "high freq" splitter available but i haven't seen one yet 'cause our wharehouse doesn't carry it.:(

It still will not work because when one tuner switches to even and the other to odd the odd will be cut out. :)

Spade said:

As a D* tech, you should know it won't work that way.

By the way, I love and miss Milwaukee greatly. I even like your corny channel 12 ABC into Gif.

Last edited:
if you want to have missing transponders in your satellite system you could go ahead and hook up a splitter. how many outlets that you have connect in your house? i could give you some idea how to cascade a multiswitch .

Hey, Milwaukee12 , there's no more outputs from the the multiswitch!

Besides, I really don't want to try and fish another cable to your room!:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)