Status
Please reply by conversation.

DVDDAD

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Huntington, Long Island, NY
I split my HR34's HDMI signal with a Monoprice 1X4 splitter. I send one signal to my main TV in the living room, another TV in the basement with a 50' HDMI cable, and to two ioGear Wireless HDMI Extenders that feed a small TV in the Kitchen and another small TV in my office. The signal is mirrored and with multiple RF remotes everything works great with one exception. I lose 3D capability on the main TV in the living room, because it is the only 3D TV the splitter although 3D capable, won't transmit a 3D signal because the other three TV's are not 3D TV's. Right now if I want to watch DirecTV 3D programming, I need to fumble around with my HDMI wires and take the splitter out of the equation and feed the living room TV directly into my HR34. Is there an easier way? Would a HDMI switch work somehow? I thought using a 1X2 splitter out of the HR34, sending one signal into the 3D TV and the other into the switch, before than splitting the signal for the other TV's may work. Am I on the right track? Is there a better way? Or should I manual fumble with the wiring every time I want to watch DirecTV 3D on the main TV or a 2D signal split four ways? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

same here with my HR23-700 manual fumble with the wiring every time
tried the using a 1X2 splitter too no good
maybe someone could help us both. gave up here 2 years ago.

get a seond bos to run the 3d tv, then leave the splitters for all the others

did some reading and it seems many splitters default to the lowest port

there may be one out there that doesnt, but it most likely cost more and would be hard to find

or switch the other tvs to the component out?

Thank you for your replies. 3D is a novelty. I rarely use it and I wouldn't be interested in a second box. Now, if I want to watch DirecTV 3D, I unhook my splitter and run the HDMI output from the HR34 directly to the TV and when I'm done I re-hook up the splitter. It's rather easy, but by pulling out the splitter and HR34 from my cabinet, I can inadvertently mess something else up. I'd like to do this with a bidirectional switch of some sort. I was hoping someone else has come up with a solution. Switching the other TV's to component isn't an option either. Thank you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts