Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Couple of questions, some of you would know.

After the signal comes out of the main receiver IE my pansat 9200, Can you split it to other receivers? such as HTPC, Analouge, Powervu and 4DTV? I was just trying to devise a way of not having to screw with lines every time I want to hook up something.

In my satellite chain I have a diseq swich outside at the ku lnb that does Circ and Lin. that goes to my ecoda 22 khz wich splits to c band and ku. That goes to my pansat. Im assuming that it wouldnt be advisable to split before the 922.

What my goal is, is to have a automatic video switcher that can manually swich too, and have it go to 1 main satellite input on my audio receiver. It must pass optical, DD ect. Im going to have 1 922 w/ hd, 1 Power vu reciver, 1 Analoge Reciver all and a spare DCII reciver hookedup. I want to basically be able to tune in to any signal out there. this is going to go inconjuction with a few dish upgrades this summer as im looking to upgrade my 8 footer to a 12/14 footer c band and 1 meter KU dish that can cover the entire arch on both dish's! :)

I don't think you can run all of those receivers on just one cable. You can slave one receiver to another, but the drawback is that the slaved receiver can only see the polarity of the master receiver.

Perhaps, if you did your setup with bandstacked lnbf's it may work, but the 4dtv will not work with a bandstacked lnbf. I don't really have a lot of experience with bandstacked lnbfs so maybe someone else can chime in on that option.

Edit:
Upon re-reading your post, it looks like I may have misunderstood what you were asking. Are you looking for a swith/splitter that will allow you to hook the cable that comes in from your dish(es) into the switch, hook all of the receivers into the switch, and then allow you to select which receiver you want to use that signal? In other words a switch like an A/B switch that would be used for OTA signals, except for satellite.

Last edited:
one way to skin the cat:

I'm with Kira, I don't know what you're trying to do.
So, this may not be applicable to you... :rolleyes:

Assuming the BUD is C-band only.
Get a dual output LNB, such as a C2, or an ortho$mode.

Your laundry list of receivers all seem to be used on C-band, not Ku.. ?
Yea, I understand the Pansat is both.

Get two powered 4x8 multiswitches.
Pendragon discusses one that's cheap and acceptable in his thread.
If you don't have an orthomode feed, you won't need to bother with his mod.
Use the two non-22khz inputs for your C-band LNBf.
Four of the outputs go to your: "HTPC, Analouge, Powervu and 4DTV"
Other outputs are spare, and one will be used for the 9200, later...

Second powered 4x8 multiswitch connects to your QPH-031 on your 1m Ku dish.
Though you don't need all the outputs, it's wise to get identical hardware.
It's good for trouble shooting, and they're dirt cheap anyway!

The Pansat (and maybe HTPC) can use diseqc switches to select an output of the first or second multiswitch, to choose between C-band and Ku.

As far as your video switching, that's not addressed here.

Couple of questions, some of you would know.
Using a low cost manual Toslink Optical Audio Switch would help to supply audio signal from several sources to a single Home Theater Audio Receiver, like shown on these diagrams. As to using sat signal splitters on an STB Pass Through port, just remember that using splitters and sequential STB Loop ports in general for sat signal distribution, while cheaper, can lead to significant signal loss (especially affecting sensitive DVB-S2 and other harder to catch signals reception), often limit LNB polarity choice, and saturate your switches with conflicting commands if the STBs are used simultaneously in different rooms. I'd first look at how you use all your STBs - several at once or one at a time only - and then setup a Multiswitch matrix like Anole suggested that would serve best your usage pattern and channels choice. Of course, the drawback of using a Multiswitch is several coax lines you must run to it from your STBs. There're also mixed matrices using a Multiswitch for some LNBs and a DiSEqC 4x1 switch for the rest.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts