Splitting HDMI

stan.soper

Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Kansas
My primary receiver is a VIP622. I use it in the single TV mode with PIP. It is in my Family Room with my HD LCD Flatscreen. I have another smaller HD 19" LCD Flatscreen in my eat-in Kitchen connected by coax. It is approximately 25' feet from the receiver to the LCD TV in the kitchen.

Can a run the HDMI out to a splitter and then separate HDMI cables to the two TV's so that I will have HD on both? I have seen HDMI splitters for less than $20.00 and 30' HDMI cables for as low as $25.00. I see others well over $100.00 each. Can this be done without costing an arm and a leg and loss of picture quality?

Run HDMI to the kitchen and compnent to the other. I do the same with my living room TV and my bar tv. Get the cable from Monoprice.com

Run HDMI to the kitchen and compnent to the other. I do the same with my living room TV and my bar tv. Get the cable from Monoprice.com

Yep, or you can get an inexpensive powered splitter from monoprice as well. I've done both--622 & 722. Either way will work fine in single mode.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)