splitting signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bearingman07936

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
I'm not sure that this is the right forum for my question, but here goes. We have our main receiver (now an H21-700) that feed to a 5545 Channel Plus Channel modulator. We also have feeds from a Blue Ray player, and a VCR. This feeds to three TV's in the house. Out from the Channel modulator, we have a 1 to 3 splitter to go to those 3 TV's. Those TV's aren't HD or even digital, but we are considering upgrading the one in the kitchen. I know that I can't get HD feed through that modulator, but are there new splitters out there, or even new modulators out there that we might be able to upgrade to someday, that would pass the HD signal without too much loss? Right now the set-up allows us to take the digital signal and convert it to an analog so the three TV's can play it.
We do have one LCD flat screen that is hooked up directly to the satellite receiver via HDMI, so we have the one TV where we can see HD broadcasts, so not having it on the others is not really a huge problem.

There is a HDMI Splitter you could use, but you would have to run a HDMI cable to the new room.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts