splitting signals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pinhead8864

Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
3lnb dish with 4 outputs, have two dvrs I want to get two cables to so I can watch and record. two legs off the dish are upstairs, two downstairs where the dvr's are. thought I could split the legs and run one from each split to each dvr, didn't work, put in a passive multiswitch and could watch and record on both... BUT I lost my locals... signal feed is good, Directv is stumped and so am I, I get a 721 error that says I haven't paid for the channels, but they all show up in the channel guide and I have paid for them. I picked up a powered terk multiswith today but have to wait til I get home to try it. Any suggestions? The world cup is starting friday and I really need this working...

There is a multiswitch built into the 3lnb, all you need is 2 coax from dish to one DVR, and 2 to the other DVR, if that is the only 2 receivers in the setup, nothing else is needed, otherwise, you will need at least a 4x6 cascadable multiswitch (or 4x8 depending on how many outputs you need total (2 for each dvr, one for each nondvr), you _have_ to plug ALL 4 coax FROM the dish into the 4x side of said switch (NO SPLITTERS), then you can run the 6 (or 8) outputs from the 4x into each tuner (2 for each dvr, one for each nondvr).

Last edited:
ok, that makes sense... so you can't take two off the built in multiswitch and put them into another multiswitch and use the outputs?

pinhead8864 said:
ok, that makes sense... so you can't take two off the built in multiswitch and put them into another multiswitch and use the outputs?

You could physically, but you won't ever get the results you want/think (you will be missing transponders, and hence, channels). So, no.

Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)