Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVHD

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
Does anybody have knowledge whether dvb101 is a sponsor or advertises on this site. The reason that I ask is they show sponsorship on their website and I don't see anything showing to reflect sponsorship and/or they are an advertiser.

Thanks for the help guys and by the way, a late happy labor day to all members and mods.

where do you see they say they sponsor satgyuys? (btw, if they are a sponser, I believe they would have a banner at the top)

Edit:

oh, I see where satguys is linked. It's not claiming sponsorship anywhere, just a link. They also link to a couple other resources (lyngsat)

er wait, yeah, it does mention something about an advertisement doesn't it.
DVB101 page said:
Satelliteguys.us

Free to Air forum. The best one on the planet!
See our Advertisement on the bottom of every page
@ www.satelliteguys.us

Last edited:
Man, I just really took a look at that page and what they offer (never been there before), I like how they come right and sell the after market 8psk board that the sonicview HD receiver uses to facilliate illegal setups.

With recent conversations in the FTA area, I would expect satguys to NOT want DVB101 site linking here.

Might be time to make some official email contacts to the site admin and drop your legal beagal know whats afoot, any site that links to yours that is doing anything remotely ilegal inregards to DBS and cable could have some unforeseen effects.

I got an email stating they do not infact currently support this site, but they have in the past. Maybe before my time, but I don't remember it.

Edit:

Sorry meant I had an online chat with a rep, not an email. I did send them an email though on it asking about sponsorship

Last edited:
SVHD, I did some reading last night. Your problem is not unique. MANY people have complained not getting receivers, poor shipping times etc. If you used a credit card or paypal, I suggest you file a complaint. That seems to be the only way to get them to respond.

Call them, tell them what's going on. Tell them you have tried in good faith to resolve the issue with no success.

What did you order? Sometimes it's harder for the small priced stuff to get them to act on it.

SVHD- So if we're not happy with them, why give them a free ad and post all that info and links in post #7? At least kill the links or better yet XXX out most of the post/ad.

Anyone foolish enough to order from that site after reading about it on this thread deserves what they get dont you think?

I ordered a viewsat 9000 receiver. They got it in two weeks ago and they continue to have excuses why they can't ship it. I can send my email correspondence if you like. I've tried to contact dvd101.net by phone and you either get tony in the sales department, or a recorded message that says that number don't take vocemails. I've also tried to contact dvd101.net via their online chat system, and you get a guy by the name of peter, who gives you the run-around. They have 489.00 of my money and I'm trying to get it back. I'm on a fixed income, it took me three months to save up for the vs-9000, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

SVHD, seriously, do a charge back.

VS9000 eh? Man, that one is pricey. What channels you expecting to get with it?

As for being on a fixed income, you sure do have alot of pricey receivers

I have a sonicview 8000 and in my opinion its the best fta receiver on the market today, and its worth every cent you pay for it. Also, if you shop around, you can get the SV-8000 for anywhere between $460 and $470, which includes HEMI cable, memory stick and free shipping.

P.S. I have also tested coolsat 8000 HD and captiveworks 3000 HD.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...1-sonicview-sv8000-hdtv-499-a.html#post948726

How do you do a charge back? The reason for all the receivers is I have two sons that are into fta very heavily. The vs-9000 was for him.

Thanks to all members and staff for all of your help and support.

I finally gave up with these guys and called Paypal to resolve the issue. They seem to be well known for scamming. I emailed and called them many times to get the product shipped. Each time they gave me some feeble excuse as to why it has not shipped. The reason I used them was there site seemed quite good, they linked to this site with a mention they are or were sponsor. i recommend not buying anything from them, you will pay a price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What will you use for heat this Winter

Troubleshooting question for Sony TV experts(KDL-46XBR4).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)