sporadic freeze-ups on picture

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Javaman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
CT, USA
I have a 522 with L463 and this is an annoyance I've been noticing for several months now. Every now and then, maybe once every couple hours, the picture will freeze for a second. The audio is unaffected. There's no predicting when it will happen but it occurs on all channels and in live mode and on recorded programs. Is anyone else experiencing this and does DISH know about this problem? I thought for sure it would be fixed by now.

I now have firmware L466 and that sporadic momentary freeze is STILL there. :mad: It happens every hour or so and it's really distracting. In the searches I've made on the forum it looks to be widespread on a variety of receivers. I can't believe they haven't fixed this yet. There's also still a major glitch that occurs when changing channels that causes the picture to go black. Other tuner is unaffected but the only way to fix it is through a reboot. It's totally random when it occurs but its always during a channel change. Menus still work and signal is strong. Swapping cables on the back doesn't alter anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)