Sports Bar Mode Bug Report Thread!

Had the lock issue but used the 12 hour option to turn it off... A few times I could not switch between the boxes using the arrows in the 40 remote... But just hit swap and the arrows worked again... Love it so far... Great work Dish

Mine is working fine, but having the audio blip. I timed it 3 times, about every 38 seconds.

My H3 runs via HDMI into an Oppo 103D blu-ray player. Audio out of HDMI 2 of the Oppo to a Denon AVR, video out of HDMI 1 to disply.

IMG_0952_zpsbbco6x5b.jpg

BUG REPORT
I use The Sports Bar (News Hub) mode a lot.
While in the mode I when to the guide. Then I got that Black screen issue and had to force reboot the Hooper.
I could not reproduce the issue again. Seems you need to let it run a day to repeat, almost like the apps have a memory leak and you need to reboot every 2 days.
Maybe dish can do a memory clean up at 3am force closing all dlls or sys files still stuck in memory instead of a force reboot at 1am like they do on the old hopper systems?

Sports bar hdmi off
On 308 today Sports Bar mode shuts off hdmi output, sometimes hitting guide or dvr buttons recovers other times a reboot is required.

I have tried Red button reboot and short and long time power off.
Nothing works.

Is Sports bar working for other people today?

Two channel Pip works fine.

Add me to the audio dropout list. I don't have an optical cable so I used red/white and that worked. I didn't see this reported yet... Anyone else seeing the red box that indicates audio mis-aligned? Does this on all four boxes.

Attachments

• 1458413987271.jpg
    1458413987271.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 240
Sports bar hdmi off
On 308 today Sports Bar mode shuts off hdmi output, sometimes hitting guide or dvr buttons recovers other times a reboot is required.

I have tried Red button reboot and short and long time power off.
Nothing works.

Is Sports bar working for other people today?

Two channel Pip works fine.
I am having the same problem.

Looks like 308 broke my sports bar mode in 4K. It was working yesterday but not today. In order to get it to work, I have to switch HDMI inputs and it's only in 1080.

If you use the Netflix app (which still has it's own problems) then exit the app and then try to go into sports bar mode you get a blank screen until you reboot. Also the audio dropouts are really distracting when it is working properly. I think they rushed it out for March madness, but it's better than nothing.

The Sports Bar (News Hub) mode a lot.

are these new failures being reported ? so has dirt decided to disable it till fixed.?
mine will turn off when multi view (4) is selected Not reboot but i hit the power button and it comes back on single view.
Slightly confusing all the different terms for the display
Is multiview more correct since its whats in the actual menu calls it

verified with another user with H3 and 7000 series Samsung 4K set that HDMI
shut off occurs when entering sports bar mode.

verified with another user with H3 and 7000 series Samsung 4K set that HDMI
shut off occurs when entering sports bar mode.
So i found away to do sport mode on our 4k TVS just hook a comp cable to hopper 3 and to the tv and switch to comp input on your tv go into sport bar mode and then switch your input back to the hdmi input u have the hopper 3 hooked up to and sport mode will be there when u switch to it

So i found away to do sport mode on our 4k TVS just hook a comp cable to hopper 3 and to the tv and switch to comp input on your tv go into sport bar mode and then switch your input back to the hdmi input u have the hopper 3 hooked up to and sport mode will be there when u switch to it

Just tried it on my Sharp Aquos 4k and no joy. Composite also goes to no signal and switching back to HDMI is also no signal.

Hopefully DISH resolves this shortly to late for NCAA BB but the Olympics are this summer and it would be nice to use it then.

Just tried it on my Sharp Aquos 4k and no joy. Composite also goes to no signal and switching back to HDMI is also no signal.

Hopefully DISH resolves this shortly to late for NCAA BB but the Olympics are this summer and it would be nice to use it then.

You have to unplug the HDMI wire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)