Sports Joke of the Half Century: Lions Fire GM Mayhew and President Lewand

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Full Story

You can read the story, if you wish, but the joke is how the Ford Family is upset, disappointed and embarrassed with the Lions continued losing efforts. Gee! It couldn't have anything to do with the fact this once proud, championship caliber team has been in disarray since you, the William Clay Ford family, purchased the organization more than 50-years ago.

Instead of blaming players, coaching, inept management (that you hired, no less), why not go to the root-cause of the Lions longtime suffering....IT'S YOU! Please, please, please sell the Lions Franchise!! Haven't the time proven to you that your family doesn't know how to run a professional football club!!! Isn't 50+ years enough time to conclude that your constant rebuilding efforts aren't working?

Honestly, he Ford Family is upset because they Lions aren't having one of their mediocre 7-9 season in which hapless and hopeless Lions fans dutifully buy tickets and souvenirs. Ugh!

The William Clay Ford family ownership of the Detroit Lions is the Sports Joke of the Half Century, and a well-deserved barnacle encrusted anchor to you, indeed. :shh

Well, who would have figured it would be the FEMALE Ford that would step up and do something.

Maybe, just maybe she will also decide shes had enough and sell.

Well, who would have figured it would be the FEMALE Ford that would step up and do something.

Maybe, just maybe she will also decide shes had enough and sell.

She's 90 years old...two thoughts: 1) doubt she has enough time and energy to do what is needed to turn the team around, 2) doubt that she has the ability to assemble a front office to make this happen and 3) why has it taken her 50-years to finally do something.

Yep, hopefully she'll just sell the team. What about William Clay Ford Jr.? I thought this knothead has been running the team since Sr. passed-away.

She's 90 years old...two thoughts: 1) doubt she has enough time and energy to do what is needed to turn the team around, 2) doubt that she has the ability to assemble a front office to make this happen and 3) why has it taken her 50-years to finally do something.

Yep, hopefully she'll just sell the team. What about William Clay Ford Jr.? I thought this knothead has been running the team since Sr. passed-away.
As far as I know Ford Jr Has been running things, just like Sr, into the ground.

While the Detroit Red Wings are a model sports franchise, the Lions are the less--than-perfect example of sports team dis-organization...no leadership, poor management, blunders & mistakes abound in the front office, and most players signed or drafted in the Lions organization quickly adopt a defeatist mentality often involving malaise, malingering, shirking and underachievement. Did I miss anything?

While the Detroit Red Wings are a model sports franchise, the Lions are the less--than-perfect example of sports team dis-organization...no leadership, poor management, blunders & mistakes abound in the front office, and most players signed or drafted in the Lions organization quickly adopt a defeatist mentality often involving malaise, malingering, shirking and underachievement. Did I miss anything?
Yup ...
You forgot to inform those that don't know, the LIONS and Red Wings are owned by different people.

Red Wings - Mr. Illitch
Lions - Ford family

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts