Sports Pack Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chrisd_az

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2007
Chickasha, OK
Hello everyone need an answer..Ok I have the top 250 pack with all the hd plus the plat hd.. So my question is am i wasting $6.00 on the sports pack?? should i already b getting everything?? Thanks Chris

You get your local rsn as part of the package, you pay for the rest which most of the pro games and some of the college ones are blacked out. If you think the rest of the watchable programs are worth it, then the package is worth it to you. If you don't watch most of them, then drop it.

If you are a true sports fan (one who likes any game and is not a franchise snob), then you do have access to fair amount of very small college games and some of the less popular sports such as lacrosse, gymnastics, volleyball (college court and sand), etc. You will get all the nationally or regionally produced sports news shows. However, the major league and big college games will be blacked out. So, if you like that kind of access, it is worth the $6, but if you only care about major leagues and big-time sports, then it probably isn't worth it. You could always subscribe and cancel later (plus the $5 downgrade fee).

Depends on how you look at it. For some, like me, you need to get the pack to get additional not blacked out major league sports. My RSN is Comcast Chicago but with the pack I also qualify for Fox North and Fox Midwest. This gives me a lot of professional sports. I find most college sports are not blacked out. You may want to check to make sure you don't qualify for additional RSN's.

Depends on how you look at it. For some, like me, you need to get the pack to get additional not blacked out major league sports. My RSN is Comcast Chicago but with the pack I also qualify for Fox North and Fox Midwest. This gives me a lot of professional sports. I find most college sports are not blacked out. You may want to check to make sure you don't qualify for additional RSN's.

I'm in the same situation as gopherscott. So in my case it is worth it just to get Twins & Wild games.

As far as blackouts for college BB & FB. The only conferences blacked out for me are ACC, SEC & the some non-conference Big 12 games. None of the Big East or PAC-10 or smaller conferences are ever blacked out. I'm in Iowa, so the blackouts are probably different in Az. But if you like college sports, it's worth it.

Another plus is like this upcoming Sunday. The FSN national game of NC-Wake Forest is in HD on some RSNs but not others. Because I have the sports pack, I will be able to watch it on CSNMA in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts