Sports packages BEV vs SC

jgard1786

Original poster
Nov 29, 2006
I'm considering a switch from BEV to SC. I lose too many stations here in So CAl and don't want to wait till 2008 on the chance it will be corrected when BEV changes satellites.

I did not see a centre ice package on SC, can anyone tell me if it's offered?

I don't believe either service offers the baseball package though RogersSN has a selection of games.

With a 30" dish I should have no problem pulling in SC programming.

WGN local is offered on SC how about TBS local. TBS local Atlanta is offered on BEV?

Is it possible to get both Detroit/ Buffalo and Seattle/Spokane if one is willing to pay extra?

Thanks to anyone who can help with my questions.

JG

I did not see a centre ice package on SC, can anyone tell me if it's offered?
No

I don't believe either service offers the baseball package though
correct

With a 30" dish
75 cm elliptical dish or 2 X FSS round dishes to get all programming

WGN local is offered on SC how about TBS local.
yes

Is it possible to get both Detroit/ Buffalo and Seattle/Spokane
Yes - get HD receiver - gives you Detroit/Seattle. Select Buffalo or Spokane for SD option. Purchase other SD as bundle or subscribe to Digital Advantages pkg

With a 30" dish I should have no problem pulling in SC programming.
if you dont want HD, a 30" dish will work just fine. No need for the eliptical one.

WGN local is offered on SC how about TBS local. TBS local Atlanta is offered on BEV?

TBS is WTBS on SC and Superstation TBS on EVu
Both have WGN9 feed from Chicago now

Since you can get Detroit/Seattle HD feeds at no extra charge, I suggest that you go for the HD receiver + elliptical dish. The HD receiver is MPEG4 upgradable - the SD units are not.

All the new channels will go on F2 - that's where NFL ST and NFL network are already. And that way, you get 3 feeds for just the price of Essentials

Last edited:
Yes - get HD receiver - gives you Detroit/Seattle. Select Buffalo or Spokane for SD option. Purchase other SD as bundle or subscribe to Digital Advantages pkg

Just keep in mind if you do it this way (as I do, in fact I select Buffalo as my option and pay for Spokane), you don't get Seattle's ABC because they don't have it in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)